165. Mullets

Enjoy a dumb doodle that inspired this chapter
---------
Remus had the typical school boy haircut. Above the ears and right on the nape type of hair. Although his unruly curls rarely showed any shape, it stays the same.

Until one day in 6th year, Sirius pestered him to get a mullet.

"Awww C'mon Moon moon. I'm growing my hair out, Peter is going bald and James is- well James.. We'll deal with his hair make over last." The Black ranted.

Remus pulled on one of his curls. "What ? Do you think my hair's weird ?"

"No !" Sirius answers too quickly.

The other cursed to the moon and back. Oh nice going Sirius Black, Remus will definitely know now. The boy remained indifferent though he gave Sirius a suspicious glance.

"I just wanna see you in a mullet.  We can always turn it back with magic soooo what's there to lose ?"

"My dignity."

Even though Remus was grumbling and complaining all the way, he let himself be dragged to a barber by James and Peter. Unfortunately, Sirius had extra classes that day.

So, imagine the shock he had when he gets in the dorms and sees Remus in that hairstyle.

He's tired and 5 minutes away from dropping on the floor but once Sirius' eyes laid on Remus. It was over.

"A-ah I-"

Remus looked up from the homework he was doing. "Oh hey Pads, look. I finally did it."

"Uh yea I see that. Yes."

Remus raised an eyebrow. "What's wrong with you ?"

James slapped Sirius' back as he passed the stuttering mess. "He's loving it Moons. His baboon brain just can't say it."

Sirius threw a rolled up Daily Prophet at him. "Shut it Potter ! We've all seen your chicken impression when Lily cut her hair to a bob."

That made Remus smile. His chin propped up on the desk and a playful smirk on his lips.

"So, I'm the equivalent of a Lily to you ?"

"Uh I did- Maybe ? Oh look Weasley's calling me !" Sirius slipped behind the oak door and sprinted away.

Peter chuckled heartily. "He's down bad mate."

The werewolf rolls his sleeves and clears his homework. "Baboon brain indeed."

With James and Peter's teasing behind him, Remus goes to catch a running Sirius Black. He wonders how he'll chase a Chaser.

Apparantly, it wasn't that hard.

He ran to the kitchens and found Sirius surrounded by elves invested in his story.

"And imagine what I felt !? You come home and find the love of your life, your flower in the desert, the most handsome man in the world with the hairstyle you love the most. I want to die !"

One of the elves sympathetically patted his back while handing him another cup of tea. "There there Mr. Black."

Remus cleared his throat. He wanted to laugh at the amount of tennis ball sized eyes staring back at him. Along with one, normal sized, grey eyes.

"Oh shit."

"Language Mr. Black." The same elf reminded him.

"Sorry to interrupt but I think I need to steal Mr. Black please."

The crowd of elves nodded and murmured a chorus of  "Yes, yes I believe so". They returned to their work stations like nothing happened.

Remus walked over to Sirius, his hand outstretched. "C'mon let's go."

Sirius reluctantly gets pulled up and to the fields by the lake.

"So, I heard someone really liked the new hair."

Sirius looked away though his ears were bright red. "Yeah yeah you know I like you. Just get to it already."

Remus stopped walking. "Get to what ? Kissing you or asking you to be my boyfriend ?"

Sirius' mouth was agape. Is this for real ? This Adonis of a man is asking him ?

Remus stood there with a fond look. Sirius, for once, is at a loss of words.

"Both."

Remus laughed but pulled Sirius closer anyways. "Both ? How can I do both ?"

Sirius nervously placed his palms on Remus' chest as the other hugged his waist loosely.

"Y-you can ! Just both, yes both."

And the rest was history.

***

Since then, Sirius won't let Remus alone. And frankly,the werewolf doesn't mind.

They're always attached through a limb.

May it be shoulders bumping when they stand. Sirius playing with Remus' hands.

But one thing stays the same.

Sirius targeting the poor boy's hair.

"Sirius !" Remus would whine when his neatly styled hair gets messed up from a ruffle.

It took the Quidditch player in Sirius to balance on his tip toes to get to the messy brown mop of hair. But it works.

When they make out, Sirius' hands are always in Remus' hair. Remus, again, isn't complaining. It's like getting a massage on 2 places in 1 go.

The low groans Remus emits is still the loveliest sound Sirius has ever heard. His hands would wander from holding Remus' cheeks to messing with the hair on his nape or straight to the thicker ones on his crown.

Either way, it's fucking hot.

Sometimes it's a little quieter.

Remus lays his head on Sirius' lap and the first thing Sirius does is push the fringe away from his eyes. Then he bends down to give forehead kiss. 

Remus sleeps the easiest in that position. Sirius' fingers running through his hair is therapeutic. Sometimes Sirius coils one of the curls in his fingers and Remus is in nirvana.

When he feels a bit more touchy, he'd turn to face Sirius' stomach and just nose the fabric bunched up there. Sirius might squirm and giggle but he'll never push him away.

With the way cleared out, Sirius gets access to the longest part of the mullet. His job is too just smooth the pressed up curls as a result from Remus sleeping on his back for too long.

Their common room cuddle session will probably earn some jealous looks.

James, mug in hand, elbows Peter. "All that from a haircut." He says sarcastically.

Remus magics his socks to always be wet.