175. Wolfy

Watched princess Mononoke and thought holy shit ! that's remus !
--------------------

Sirius is a wizard. The stereotypical one.

***

"Coming !" Sirius pats down his apron, tidying himself up before meeting whoever's behind the door.

"Oh, uhh hello."

A humongous wolf stands in front of his little cottage. Sirius sighs, hands on his hips. He only asks for one day, just one day, without surprise guests with the wildest request.

"What can I help you with ?"

The wolf's yellow eyes were the size of his head. Sirius could see his own reflection on them as the black wolf looks around the cottage.

The giant dog butts his nose at Sirius' stomach. Then it lifted its paw. Sirius gasped.

"Oh no ! You're injured."  Sirius rushes inside and grabs his tools.

A normal human gash would've been easily mended with his ointment but a paw the size of his torso ? That's gonna need more.

"Lay down now."

The wolf is obedient enough. It lays on its side, paw outstretched for Sirius to heal. It gave a low grow as the leaves started disinfecting. Sirius doesn't know if it understands him, but he says comforting words anyways.

By nightfall, Sirius is done with bandaging. "Do not sleep or walk on this paw ok ?" He warns.

The wolf sits back, clearly dejected at his predicament. Sirius pats the sick paw. "It's gonna rain now is it.." He looks to the sky for answers.

He sighs before turning to his small wooden cottage. "Fine, you can come in."

The wolf stand on his 3 healthy paws and nose butts Sirius. The wizard felt terrible if he had to send a wounded wolf to the dark forest in thunderous rain.

One thing about Sirius' cottage was that it looks small from the outside. Much like its owner, the house had more to it than what shows off at first. Sirius stil had to enlarge the door frame for the black wolf to pass though.

"Are you hungry ? Of course you are." Sirius chuckles. He turns a small bacon into a  surfboard sized piece.

With a simple spell, the fireplace is lit and the wolf looks happy. Sirius sits by it while he eats his own dinner.

The rain poured like a shower outside. Sirius finds himself laying back on the wolf's soft fur. "I'm gonna take a nap. I'll wake up in a few.."

A few minutes apparantly became till' sunrise. Sirius awoke on his sofa, blankets carefully tucked over him. He wonders how a clumsy, big wolf could possible carry him AND pull the covers. The culprit was no where to be seen.

Big Wolf didn't visit the next day. Or the next. Or the next. In fact, it didn't come until a few weeks later. Where Sirius opened his windows in the morning to find him laying around on the meadows in front of his house.

"You're going to crush the peonies !" Sirius shouts. "Oh nevermind, you already did."

He waved his wand at a basket and he's out the door. Sirius stands in front of the wolf, inspecting its appearance.

"You seem healthy." Sirius patted his muzzle. "Oh won't you look at that.. you have a white speck on your chest."

The wolf scrambled to its paws and looked up, proudly showing the white patch of fur underneath its chin. "And its a moon shape...that's it ! I'll call you Moony."