170. Television

Inspired by Rex Orange County's fabulous song, Television/So Far So Good.
----------

Remus gritted his teeth. He's starting to regret going out tonight. His hand almost crushing the thin plastic cup. When James invited him on a night out, he didn't expect this.

Sirius and Peter are a few feet away, talking to this other group when Remus overheard Sirius recognizing one of them.

Remus isn't a grinch. Heck, this was supposed to be a Christmas Eve night out with his buddies. Why was he so pressed ?

"You alright there ?" James pops up, Lily under his arm.

The red head follows his eyes and smiles knowingly. "Someone's grumpy."

"Agrees to have a night out with US." Remus furrows his eyebrows. "Yet, he's spending the whole time with them."

"Ah Moon moon." James shared glances with Lily. "Hang in there. You could pull him away for some drinks."

"And he'll think I'm a nutter."

The couple goes off for another round of shots. Remus looks down at his cup, he probably looks pathetic right now.

He's annoyed at Sirius. Not for his unrequited love but for the amount of times he'd witness this happen.

Sirius gets close to someone, share a nice drink or two and they saunter off somewhere, he comes back in hickies and he'll cry to Remus about.

Yes, cry. Because his dates are always short lived. That his prospective partners never saw him as a long term lover.

"There he goes." Remus mutters.

The guy has his arm around Sirius' waist now. The other leaned away from him but not exactly getting out of his touch. Sirius didn't show signs of discomfort so it'd be weird for Remus to swoop in and cut them off.

He's being so weird ! Remus rolls his eyes. He had no right to be jealous. He wasn't Sirius' boyfriend or anything. He had no say in who Sirius should date but... does it tear his heart a bit ?

Knowing he could give everything Sirius wanted. Knowing he'd bend a skyscraper for Sirius. But he just won't look his way.

After relishing in his solo pity party, Remus pays and heads out. He's had it. He doesn't want to sit front seat to Sirius getting side hugged by some drunk old friend.

He goes out on the snow covered streets and stood under the light. Texting a quick "I'm heading home." to the group chat then he walks off to the night.

Remus hates winter sometimes. It's cold. Terribly, terribly cold.

He looks around and sees couples huddling together for warmth. He feels a little colder now.

A few more steps away, Remus hears boots on the pavement. Who, in the right mind, would be running on ice ? he thinks.

The answer hit him on his back. "Oof !" Sirius let out after his body slammed to Remus. "Where'd you sulking off to ?"

"Home." Remus says. "Why aren't you in there ?"

"C'mon it's Christmas Eve !" Sirius elbows him. "Can't have you waking alone at Christmas Eve right ?"