185. Aphrodite's Son pt 2

Remus doesn't hear from Sirius for weeks. He'd walked around Paris, go to places that reminded him of Sirius and he worries even more.

He watches the American news and all he could get were bad weather reports, earthquakes and gas explosions in buildings. From what Sirius said, those might be signs of the on going fight.

Remus sits by the window of his hotel room. Weirdly when he went down to pay for his expenses, the receptionist tells him he could stay for as long as he liked. Free of charge.

That's probably Sirius' doing.

With each passing day, fear starts eating his soul. He closes the windows and double locks the door. Remus call Sirius' phone multiple times a day only to go to voicemail.

He's eating less and smiling even lesser. Remus is reduced to a fearful, panicking mania. All Remus could do was sit by his phone all day waiting for news. Anything to tell him where to look for his lover.

The answer came one night. The windows flung open with a bang and Remus thought Batman is coming to kill him.

A shadow became 2. They wore armour and looked terribly identical, Remus had a hard time telling who's who.

"So, you're the boyfriend." One of them said.

Remus stood behind the table, creating some distance. "Who are you ? How do you know me?"

"We're Fear and Panic, surely you'd know who we are to Sirius, professor."

"Phobos and Deimos. Ares and Aphrodite's twins.. yes, I remember," Remus stepped closer cautiously. "Do you know where Sirius is ? Please tell me he's safe. Where is he-"

Phobos stops him. "And that's how you've pulled us out of trajectory. We're heading to New York, mother says our distant relatives need help. But your pure fear made us stop here."

"Can I come with you to New York ?"

The twins shared a look. "You're a mortal. You'd die the first day you come to the battlefield."

"I can heal. I'll do whatever. I just need to see if he's alive. Please."

Deimos raises his palm in front of Remus' face and before he could ask what was going on, Deimos snaps and Remus falls to the floor.

"His panic is endangering his sanity. I'm sorry Sirius, I had to." Deimos sighs.

Phobos pats his brother's armored shoulder. "We'll send him an escort when it's safe. For now, we must go."

The twins leaves Remus on the bed. Using their powers to stop fear and panic to stir in him, Remus sleeps for 3 days straight. Though he feels unusually calm, he's itching to just fly to New York himself and beat this Kronos guy. To hell if he's a menacing titan, Remus will go to Tartarus if that means knowing Sirius is okay.

He packs his bags and buys a plane ticket. He's had enough. Although he knows Sirius will be mad at him for this reckless move, Remus doesn't really care.

A knock was heard from the door at dawn. Remus thought he was hallucinating when he's greeted by satyr. A feisty, loud one at that

"Gleason Hedge. You can call me coach Hedge." He says. "I'm taking you to Camp."

Remus lightened up immediately. "Is that where Sirius is ?"

The satyr swung his bat. "Yeah yeah, hurry up if you want to make it there before noon."

***

Remus is tall. Even for average height, athletic Sirius, he's a tower. Compare that to a satyr, he had to physically shorten his steps to not lose the coach.