106. He

Trans! Remus// mentions of body dysmorphia //
I saw a comment requesting Trans wolfstar. I tried depicting a transman's transition, hope it's slightly accurate. YEE
-----------------------

"Lily, can I talk to you about something?" Remus asked the red head.

Remus talking in that tone made Lily wonder what might've happened and who she has to punch. She sat down by Remus' bed and patted the Gryffindor's shoulder.  "Go ahead. What's going on ?"

"I.. I feel wrong, uncomfortable."

"About what ? The dorm ?"

"No..me. It's been going on for a few years. Like I just don't belong in this body."

Brown eyes found green. Lily tried thinking of  every possible medical reason before speaking in a lower voice. "If it's because of the werewolf, I can ask Dumbledore or Slughorn to make a potion. Heck I'll do it myself !"

"No ! It isn't about that. I just.. Okay, what's your biological gender ?"

"Uhh female."

"Do you identify as female too ?"

"Yes." Lily quite understanding the picture. "Is this something about your identity Remus ?"

"If you asked me the same question, I'd say I identified as a male. I'd answer just as sure."

Lily nodded. "In the muggle world, there's this community of people who are like you Remus. I don't know much but I heard that it helps ykno to dress or style yourself more like your preference. Perhaps you want to try that ?"

Remus beamed the brightest smile Lily's ever seen. He gave her a full hug before nodding eagerly. "Cut my hair."

"Remus I was thinking of getting you pants and leather shoes. I don't trust myself on that ! We don't even have the electric razor thing !"

"You're good at transfiguration right ?"

***

Lily gulped hard. "Alright, I'm going to cut the longer parts and then go shave." She breathed out. "God I'm sorry."

"You're forgiven." Remus chuckled.

They were thankful for the empty dorm. Lily didn't want to go home for winterbreak and neither did Remus. It took a lot of courage for Remus to bring this topic up.

Being a half blood, he knew how muggles were with Transpeople. That's why he chose Lily for this special task. He trusted her in his first secret, she's proven herself trustworthy.

Lily watched Remus' reflection on the mirror. His eyes trained on a book, occasionally swishing his wand to change the music. Lily understood that she might never get the feeling Remus is feeling. But if this has bothered him for years, she'd do anything to help relieve the burden.

***

Remus then made a list of what he wanted to do. Buy new clothes, new jewellery and buy hair gel (which probably won't flatten his curls). He also needed to talk to Mcgonagall.

Lily told him that it might be possible for him to change dorms. That is if the magic of the castle bends for him. Remus is yet to find out.

One night he crept out of the girl's side to the common room, just right under the boy's staircase.

"Please, believe me." He muttered.

Barefoot and cold, he stepped on the first stone slab. "Please please please."

Second step, third step, fourth step. The winding staircase stood still.

"Miss Lupin, what are you doing up the boy's stairs?" Mcgonagall's voice made him freeze.
"Miss Evan, told me you have something to talk to me about. Something serious."