115. Not A Talker

My dumbass forget to write the title 😭
--------

Remus isn't much of a talker. Sirius knows that by heart. His boyfriend isn't as chatty as he is. He prefers to listen to him ramble rather than jump in the frenzy.

Some of his friends ask him. "If he doesn't say it, how do you know he loves you ?"

Sirius chuckles. He stirs the milk in his coffee. "Oh, you'd know right away."

So, this is how Remus shows his love.

***

"I got you your favourite." Remus said flatly, setting down a plate of cookies and milk.

Sirius who was drowning in work, barely has a grip on reality and has the darkest circles under his eyes, looked up with an appreciative smile.

"Thank you baby."

He loves watching the blush flourish under Remus' stoic face. The other hummed in reply.

"What are you working on ?" Remus asked, sitting down next to him on the couch.

Sirius automatically curls into Remus' side as the taller throws his arm around him. A kiss on the head and he continues, "Accounting ? I thought that wasn't your division?"

"My idiot of a boss decides that I can do it. I don't even have an economics degree !" 

Remus hummed again. Sirius groaned, letting him fall on his lap. He clicked around the report for a bit while his other hand smooths the tension from Sirius' head.

"You may not have an economics degree, but your boyfriend's a nerd."

Sirius sat himself up and kissed Remus' cheek. "I love you very much."

"Mmm, lay back down. You need to rest."

And when Sirius wakes, he's warm and tucked in bed. No doubt Remus was the one carrying him to the bedroom.

Remus doesn't say it out loud but he tries to fill in the gaps as much as he can.

Sirius would prop his chin on his palm with awe as Remus recites his order by memory. Not a single mistake.

"And no pickles please, he's Allergic."

They share a look and Sirius rolls his eyes, laughter on his lips.

"Oh and do you have the red steak and chips thing ? Right, get that too. Well done please, he doesn't like the meaty after taste. Thank you."

After the waiter leaves, Sirius whistled flirtatiously as he takes Remus' hand in his. "That's very hot of you Mr. Lupin."

"Oh shut it, it's nothing special."

Food is the way to one's heart. Thankfully, Remus knows his way to Sirius'.

"What are you making ?"

The taller shrugged. "You've been eating instant noodles for a whole week. I'm cooking something edible for you."

Sirius looked at him in mock offense. "Ugh! Instant noodles is edible !"

"Yeah ? Say that to your doctor the next time you come in for indigestion."

Remus gave him a plate of pasta and a cup of fruits. "And take your vitamins after."

Sirius watches with butterflies in his stomach as Remus turns his back and washes the dishes.  Has Sirius ever told the other that when his sleeves are rolled up and his back muscles are doing that thing, he's so boyfriend-able ?

"Eyes on your plate Sirius Black."

"Yes lovely."

Remus' lips curved up. He feels the familiar heat on his cheeks. He tries hard to assure Sirius that he does love him. That means he gets jealous sometimes.

Sirius is thumbing away on his playstation. Completely ignoring the world around him.

Remus laid beside him. Idly playing with the loose threads of Sirius' shirt as he taps on.

Sirius was absorbed in his game but he knows when Remus is in his clingy mood. He gets all cat-like even when he's a dog person.

It starts small. Remus sitting up and circling his arms around the other's waist. Pressing kisses along side the column of his neck.

"Mmm that tickles."

Remus mmhmm-ed in return. His forehead nuzzling Sirius' shoulder. "When are you done ?"

A hand came up to scratch Remus' nape. "One more round sweetheart. Be patient now."

Sirius chuckled, feeling the pout against  his back. "It'll only take 5 minutes I swear."

"5 minutes, no more." Remus grumbled.

3 Minutes in and Sirius was already pulled back into Remus' arms. "My big baby needs my attention ?" Sirius teased.

The other tsk-ed and held Sirius tighter. "S'not my fault when you've been gone the whole day."

Remus' back laid on the headboard while Sirius straddled his lap, head resting on his chest. "You're not gonna let me go anytime soon, are you ?"

Sirius knows that's dumb talk. When Remus gets handsy, it'll take a natural disaster to separate him.

"Mine." He muttered against Sirius- hair. "Mine."

"Yeah yeah." Sirius hid his tomato face.

"I love you."

"Wow, that's a first."

Remus playfully slapped his back. They laughed for a bit before settling down in each other's hold.

"I know."

Remus may not be much of a talker. But Sirius knows without him saying a single word.