177. Office Au

Inspired by this fine man
----------------

Sirius storms out of his office. "Remus Lupin."

The man in question glances from his computer screen. "What ?"

The other employees gasped, some peeked from above their cubicles. Remus might just be the only man in the entire building brave enough to talk back to their executive boss.

Sirius puts a stack of files on his desk. "What's this ?"

"Well, if you could read, those are the reports you asked for." Remus swiveled in his chair to face Sirius.

"Well, if you could read, It's not in the format I asked for." The Black Corps heir raised his eyebrow.

Anyone in the analyst's position would've been on their knees begging forgiveness. But not Remus, he even had the audacity to grow a smirk.

"Did you even flip through all of them ?" Remus asked.

"My office now." Sirius says lowly.

They share a look and the young CEO returns to his space. Remus chuckles humorlessly. "Go back to work everyone. It's not a big deal."

"Goodluck mate." Peter pats his shoulder.

Sirius had that effect on people. He's rarely seen but when he is, everyone's on the edge of their seats. He does that to Remus too, for a whole different reason.

Remus picks up the files and heads to a door with "S. Black" written on it. He knocks 3 times before inviting himself in.

"Really ? Wrong format ?" Remus said, amused. "Couldn't think of a better excuse ?"

"What'd you want me to say ?" Sirius sauntered to his arms. His own hands resting on Remus' chest. "'Mr. Lupin, I want you in my office right now because I want to make out' ? That doesn't sound nice now does it ?"

The taller humms, he feels himself being pulled down by his tie. Sirius sighs as he slots their lips together.

20 minutes later, Remus is pushed out of Sirius' office. His tie askew and first 3 buttons unclasped. The analyst runs his hand through his hair.

He meets eyes with 3 interns walking in the corridor. They clearly know what happened. Judging by their blushes, they didn't know what to say to their boss without getting fired.

Remus gave them a wink with his pointer against his lips.  "Silence is a virtue." He says before walking away like nothing happened.

That was their thing in the office. Act as if they couldn't stand each other but as soon as people look away, their eyes tell everything.

It does help with keeping their relationship quiet. Sirius prefers if noone knew. He thinks it'll protect Remus from malicious rumours like him sleeping with his boss for a raise or getting his position because he was someone to Sirius.

Remus was an excellent employee and Sirius would like people to see his hardwork for what it is.

Though sometimes Remus is just too good at his job. It gets attractive.

"Thank you for your presentation." Remus says, all serious. "Good points were taken but a little tip, mind looking at past programs because a good chunk of what you just said, have been done before."

There was no venom in his speech. His genuinely cares and that's what makes him such a loved leader.

"I'll work on it. I apologize sir."

"Don't. You've worked hard, we appreciate it." Remus offers an understanding smile. "We can move along to the next thing on our itinerary."

Remus may not realize it but Sirius is watching from his side of the table. A proud expression evident on his face. That's his man !

By the end of the meeting, Remus' staff circled him like worker bees to their queen. They were eager to talk business even if it was lunch. Or maybe they just want to get close to their ridiculously handsome boss but whatever.

Sirius smiles as Remus is swarmed with questions. There's always something so attractive about his boyfriend in work mode.

Remus' thick eyebrows woud furrow as he studies a design in his hand. Then he takes the pen sitting behind his ear to make a note. Sometimes Remus feels the eyes on him and he glances up.

He nodds at Sirius who rolls his eyes in fake annoyance.  Remus gives him a half smile before returning to his papers.

As someone in the highest position, Sirius feels bad each time he has to give work to those under him. Even more when they had to go overtime.

"Hey, it's fine. Extend the deadline to next week." Sirius says to a fearful looking employee. "Go home now."

The last of his workers scurry to leave. Which was odd because it's not like Sirius will eat them if they didn't leave as fast.

The CEO shakes his head as he walks through the cubicles to see if there are anyone else in overtime. This was past midnight, they need to rest.

He goes to his favourite section last, obviously the financial analyst section. Sirius is glad to find all of them gone. All except one.

He was hunched over his computer while multiple devices are open all around him. Remus was scribbling furiously in his notes.

Sirius sighs. "Didn't I tell you to go home ?"

"I'm not done."

"You have more than a week to deal with that."

Remus looks up, his eyes bleary red. "I want it done now."

"Tsk, so stubborn."

Sirius goes behind Remus' chair and unleashes his secret technique, the Shoulder Touch.

He begins with a gentle squeeze then thumb circles on Remus' nape. Sirius wonders what people will say if they saw THE Sirius Black giving a neck massage to his employee.

Remus groans. "You're casting a spell on me aren't you ?"

"Yes," Sirius continues in a spell casting tone. "May Remus fix his sleep schedule and actually rests when I tell him so he has enough energy to love me tomorrow. "

Remus laughs, resting his head on Sirius' stomach. He pulls Sirius' hands into his own. "You don't have to cast a spell for the last bit. Sleep or no sleep, I'll always have energy for you."

Sirius leans down to kiss his forehead. "That doesn't mean you should have no sleep. C'mon let's go home."

He turns Remus around in his seat, making him face him. He rests his hands on Remus' arm rests as he leans in for another.

But Remus, ever the teaser, pats his waiting lap. "Convince me to go."

Sirius takes his rightful throne and cups Remus' face. He's not scared of falling backwards since he's safely held by Remus.

"If you go home now, I'll be big spoon."

Remus purses his lips in consideration. "Hmmm and ?"

Sirius whispers to his ear. "I'll let you do whatever you want tomorrow morning."

"But with the rate we're going, you won't wake up early enough." He climbs off Remus' lap.

The other grins, he gives Sirius' bum a little tap. "I'll go finish up then."

"Good. I'll wait for you in the car." Sirius kisses his cheek.

"Oh Black, by the way," Sirius stops and turns to him. "You look handsome."

Sirius groans, hiding his beet red face behind his bag. "Such a sap !" He scurries off to the elevator.

Remus meets him in the BMW as promised and they drive to Sirius' penthouse for a quiet relaxing wine night awaits them.

Though keeping the secret is a little hard at times, they persevere through it. I mean, isn't that what the photocopy room's for ?