136. Kitty

What if instead of a big, black dog, Sirius turns into a chunky, black cat as his Animagus ?

art is mine btw
------------

Sirius swore he hated cats. The amount of snobby felines that have been brought by the nobles were enough to deal with.

All he wanted was to help Remus. When Peter turned into rat, he kept his hopes up. When James got a stag, he's excited. Then, he became the thing he hated the most, a flat nosed fluffy cat.

"Lucifer." Remus stiffled his laughter.

James attempted giving him head scratches. Sirius gave him a real scratch .

Things were kinda funny with Peter. Their animals are sworn enemies. But it has been Sirius' pass time joy to lay on top of rat-Peter in his oversized cat form. Ykno, just for the heck of it.

Perhaps it's because of the Animagus persona but Sirius has become more... cat-like.

He balances on his broom like it's nothing. He could be flying up above and still stand on it. Maybe do a back flip to show off. Mcgonagall sighs each time, her stomach plummeting for the Black's safety.

Sirius also has a new hobby of... shoving things off the table ! The list of this that he's tried pushing off are

1. James' glasses
2. Peter's rat form
3. Remus' cauldron

and still counting...

His toe beans just can't help it. Always needing some action !

He also likes kneading. Cat Sirius bakes bread anywhere. Peter's belly, James' sweater even Remus.

The poor werewolf would be laying his head on the table after reading so much material. Without opening his eyes, from the shake of the table, he could tell it's Sirius.

Not long after, he felt fur press up his forehead and hear content purrs. Remus could feel Sirius' little paws pressing on his curly brown hair.

It became a domestic thing. Remus lies down and Sirius kneads his hair. Sometimes he'd fall asleep just like that. (And then be woken up because he couldn't breathe and apparantly it's just Sirius laying on his face.)

By 6th year, Sirius became a huge black cloud in the Gryffindor common room. Other Gryffindors call Remus' cat, the real Gryffindor lion. Although he's literally on the other side of the color wheel.

Sirius basked in the attention. Human form or not, Sirius' a drama queen. He's a diva and it runs in his body.

The kid's studying are his to entertain. Sitting on their quills, eating their snacks and paw-inting to the right answers.

But his attention never stays too long. He's Remus' cat anyways. So he bothers him the most.

Remus is just doing his homework, in the far secluded corner of the common room. There Sirius was, loafing on his books.

"Siri- Padfoot, get off please. I need this one." Remus nudged Sirius stomach.

The cat gave him a loud meow. "No."

Remus rolls his eyes. "C'mon pleaseee.."

"Meow meow meow."

"Ugh seriously, why did I even bother having a cat ?"

Lily passed by with Dorcas and she leaned to her ear. "Poor Lupin. That's what happens after dorming with Potter and Black for 6 years, you talk to cats !"

Remus paid them no mind. He tried compromise with Sirius but it fruited nothing. Only after promising to take a break did Sirius move. Jumping off the stack of books to Remus' lap.

Don't tell Human Sirius but Remus liked  Padfoot. Each time either of them needed some quiet, Sirius would be there in black fur. Head butting Remus' arms until they held him.

I mean, there is an unspoken thing between them. With James, Sirius is his brother. With Peter, Sirius is his best friend. With Remus ? It's somewhere in the middle of friend and something else.

Maybe the only way Sirius could snuggle up to Remus without the Lupin realizing about his crush, is by being a cat. Maybe the only way Remus could hold Sirius without giving anything off, is with Sirius in cat form.

Remus liked sitting by the window sill, knees to his chest. By the soft padding on the floor, he knows it's Sirius coming to the rescue.

The mount of black fur climbed in his lap like it belonged to him and made himself comfortable.

"Why are you awake Sirius ?" He asked quietly.

"Meow meow meow."

And Remus wondered why he even tried in the first place.

But it's their 7th year and there's not much too loose. Well, maybe your best friend but what's life without a little risk ?

"Sirius.. I like you."

Pin drop silence. Sirius stops kneading Remus' knit sweater. His yellow eyes turning into saucers as he looked up.

Remus gulped. "I have been since 4th year. We've went through ups and downs and I can't go without being honest with you. I know you don't like me back it's totally fine I understand. I-"

"Who said I didn't ?"

Yellow eyes turned into grey familiar ones. Sirius' head took the cat's place on Remus' lap.

"What if I did Remus, what're you gonna do ?" Sirius sat up, still close proximity.

By this time, they're just talking to each other's lips. "I'd ask you to be mine."

"What are you waiting for ? You already know my answer."

Their eyes met briefly before Remus went in for the kiss. Hands holding Sirius' face like he's made of glass.

They pulled apart, stared at each other for some more and broke into giggles. Sirius clutching on Remus' sweater, hiding his grins in his chest. And who was Remus to let him go ?

So instead he pulled the other closer to his chest. Long arms securing him, pressed chest-to-chest. With Remus' palm rubbing Sirius' back, Remus thinks he could hear him purr in content.

They stayed that way, sitting on the cold floor, till morning.

***

Remus' cat seemed to be a socialite amongst Hogwarts cats. It's not rare to find other cats dropping "gifts" to him. Gifts like half a cookie, a gold ring, Peter's ham sandwhich ("Hey ! Remus get your cat !").

Who knows, maybe he met a certain orange cat who rivaled his size in the woods one day. The orange stray cat with a squashed face. Smart enough to follow them to the Shrieking Shack and back to Hogwarts every full moon.