117. Doctor

Lend A Hand extension uwu cus i just got ZAPPED w inspo
------

After the shaving fiasco, the 2 decided to move in. Literally just moving Sirius bed to Remus' room.

The other wondered why his room. He was as thrilled if it were the other way around but no, Sirius just liked Remus' room better.

"It smells nice." He said.

Remus just went along with it.

Every day started and ended the same, in each other's arms. Sirius wouldn't trade this for anything. The warmth and the safety of Remus' hugs... is a force to be reckoned with.

Being close to one another also means balancing their studies with their dates. When exam week closed in, Remus cleverly made studying their date.

"We're on a study date !" Remus said.

Sirius just went with it.

He really can't complain. 2 hours of watching Remus' I'm-a-doctor face ? Sign him up !

Sometimes the weight of their work got to their bones. Like today, when Sirius suggested to just stay home.

They laid on their stomachs as Remus went through his notes. Any moment of lost focus was a chance for him to nod to sleep.

Remus' brows furrowed as he tried remembering the names of each little bone on the skeleton. Why is it so hard to remember 206 calcium sticks ?

Sirius turned on his side, back facing Remus. And that's when an amazing, brilliant idea formed.

"Sirius."

"What ?"

"Help me with something."

Sirius rolled over and he found Remus giving him a piece of paper.

"Be my study buddy."

Sirius participated excitedly. He didn't expect Remus to lean in and kiss his head.

"Sphenoid." He whispered.

Sirius was too shocked. He glanced at the cheat sheet. "Y-yeah right."

Remus leaned in again. This time pecking his nose lightly.

"Nassal bone."

"Yup !"

A few bones later.

"Is this what you call studying ? You're slobbering all over my face."

Remus was on his back while Sirius laid on top of him.

"Are you complaining ?"

"No."

Remus gave him a duh look as he brought Sirius' empty hand to his lips.

"Metacarpus."

The palm. He kissed the next one tenderly, remembering what it went through.

"Carpus."

The wrist.

"Ulna"

The forearm. Or one of the bones.

"Humerus."

"That's a very humorous bone."

Remus doesn't know if he wanted to make out or kick him off the bed.

Sitting head to head now, Remus took the chance to kiss his collar bones or the Clavicle.

After every small press of his lips, Remus finally understood why some old guy from the renaissance wanted to understand the human body so well.

It's beautiful. Or rather, Sirius is beautiful. He'd purposely say some random bone to mess up and have another go.

"You're staring again."

"How can I not ? And.. this is the best idea ever."

Sirius whined and hid his reddened face in the junction of Remus' neck. "If  you get to the organs, I'm not your lab rat anymore."

Remus had a knowing smile. His palms travelled under Sirius' shirt and rested on his waist, kneading, like a cat.

"Really ? I thought you're my study buddy."

Sirius sat back and met his gaze. "Oh I'm definitely your study buddy once you get to the reproduction system."

A genuine look of surprise and an unsuspecting gasp left Remus' mouth. "What happened to my shy baby !?"

"Gone ! To..." Sirius reached for his scattered notes. "Uhhh the gluteus maximus !"

"That's the butt, love."

"Did I stutter ?"

And suddenly Remus was grateful for that broken carpus that one fateful day.