168. Can't Take My Eyes Off

MartiCaete this one's for you babe *Shoots basketball* *misses*

This chapter is their idea and wow... im in LOVE

***

It's almost the New Years and the only way to celebrate it Marauder's style is a good singing session to send the year away.

Remus isn't a fan of it. Truth be told, he isn't the type to make a room stop and stare when he walks. (Though that's not true at all.)

The bar is as busy as always. People standing around on high tables and a band sits in a corner. They only go to classy bars only, mind you.

They allow volunteers to lend their suggestions or even their voices, if they're gutsy or drunk enough. For Sirius, he needs 0 drinks to sing the bar's ears off.

And for good reason, his voice is lovely. He's too humble to brag about it but each time he sings on the guitar, Remus stares a little longer than he intends to.

James quickly finds them a table nearest to the band. They watch as drunken singer after drunken singer stumble off the stage. Some even dragged off for slurring too much.

Remus slips through the crowd and buys their drinks. He watches from the bar as Sirius and James take over the band. Peter secures their seat. It's alright, they'll take turns.

It's a game for them. They have to take a shot and sing according to the amount of letters they have in their name. Who ever makes it to their last letter, conscious and singing non-slurry, wins. The rest will have to do what they wish for a whole week.

"Bottoms up." Sirius drinks from his stool.

No matter how many times he's watched Sirius take a shot, Remus blushes. Peter pokes him in the ribs saying, "Ah pinky boy is back." He chuckles thanking the alcohol.

2 drinks turn to 3 then 4. Remus is at his last letter.

Honestly, there's a lot of lasts this year. His last shot, last song, last month of the year, last year at Hogwart's and possibly his last chance to confess.

He hates that he needed alcohol to fuel his bravery. He almost chickened out but Remus mentally slapped himself.

You're a werewolf, a Gryffindor and have alcohol in your veins, you're not a pussy, he assures himself.

James slides a shot glass to his direction as Sirius gets off the stage. "Your turn Moon Moon."

Remus throws him a lime, landing splat on his glasses.

"Looking handsome Moony." Sirius looks him up and down. His cheeks look extremely squishable with its red tint.

Remus nudges him as he passed. "You're already drunk Sirius."

"Who'd you take me as ? Peter ?"

They eyed his snoring form on the couch. It's hilarious, they giggled at him. Sirius pushed him. "Go on, impress us."

Remus takes the mic and grabbed the guitar from it's stand. All of a sudden, he feels the eyes on him. The curious bar goers have taken an interest to their group, some even scooting closer to watch.