179. Office AU pt 2

Since we all love to see them a little jealous.
---------

"Are you free this weekend ?"

Sirius heard the question loud and clear. Is that why the grip around his paper cup is enough to bend it ?

"Ah sorry, I got something else." Remus says, as he stows a big binder of files.

The girl sighs. "It won't take long, just wanna get coffee with you ?"

Sirius may be facing the other way but he could hear the smile in Remus' voice. No remorse at all in his apology.

"Really, the something I have has no time for coffee. You can ask Mclaggen though, he seems free."

Sirius hears the girl's heels clip clop away. It's just them, alone, in the damned photocopy room.

He then feels Remus stand behind him, hands circling his waist. "Don't fire her yeah ? She's an excellent strategist."

Sirius glares at the table as he thought of his chances. He'll probably find another strategist, no biggie.

"No." Remus says as if reading his mind. "She's also our link to the Ministry. She's valuable asset for business and it's unfair to fire her over something private she doesn't even know of."

The taller kisses his nape and hooks his chin over Sirius' shoulder. "You're not mad right, love ?"

Sirius pushes him away. "We're gonna get caught."

Remus doesn't budge, he holds Sirius even as the CEO wriggles in his arms. "Answer me first. Are you mad or not ?"

Sirius jolted. Remus' hold becomes little tickles along his waist. "No ! I'm not geez ! Stop it-"

Remus finally got his boyfriend to look at him. "You have me. I don't care about anyone else."

Sirius rolls his eyes at how sappy that is. "Yeah yeah."

After a beat of silence.

"I'm still getting rid of her."

"Sirius Black !"

The next day, the girl was moved to a different department. When he finds her cubicle empty, he shares a look with Sirius.

The shorter shrugged, remorseless. In his defence, he didn't fire her. At least.

***

With Remus, jealousy is another thing.

Jealousy is the color of burning coals. Turning white hot when stoked with more flame. It runs heated in Remus' heart.

The amount of times high ranking clients hit on Sirius is enough for Remus to count like stars. The other isn't bothered. Or he tries not to.

Remus stands behind Sirius as he talks to this shameless middle aged founder.

"Why don't we talk about this over dinner ? I own a restaurant in 5th avenue."

"Thank you but I don't go to dinner with my clients. My apologies."

The older man gave him a quizzical look. "Really ? As young as yourself and-" his pitch lowers. "-as good looking as yourself, surely-"

"You have a meeting in 5 minutes." Remus interrupted, face clearly unamused. "And you're fully booked for private matters this whole week."

That was a lie. There was no meeting nor private schedule. But it successfully made the man deflate like a sad balloon. The pair sees him off in his incredibly tacky Gucci suit.

Remus throws the files on Sirius' sofa and undos his tie. "Slimey old git." He spat as he leans on Sirius' desk. "Who does he think he is ? Some hot shot celebrity ?"

"He's old enough to be your father what the fuck ?!"

Sirius is watching him ramble with a smile playing on his lips. His boyfriend is so hot like this. Top buttons undone and his sleeves rolled up, exposing the forearms shaped in the gym.

He steps in front of a pacing Remus.

"What ?" He asks, eyes sharply looking at him from under his bangs.

Sirius brings his hands to rest on his chest. "Nothing, its just," His eyes go up slowly to meet Remus'. "You look really attractive all keyed like this."

"Maybe I should get you jealous more often."

Remus catches his hand and kisses it. "Don't play with fire if you don't want to get burnt."

Sirius throws his arms over Remus' neck and dramatically swoons. "My knees are weak Lupin !"

They end up making out. Nothing new with that.

And Sirius wasn't serious about making Remus deliberately jealous. In fact, he'd rather do the opposite.

"No, I'm not letting you buy me that." Remus hisses as Sirius picks out multiple Cartier cufflinks.

"Well, frankly, I don't care." Sirius gives him a teasing grin. "Gold or rose gold ?"

The attendee shyly replied with a "Rose gold is on trend right now Mr. Black." and 2 small shopping bags were given to his waiting hand.

"Uhh right we're done here. Where's Yves Saint Laurent here ?"

Remus stood there. He didn't know what to say. The multiple paperbags hanging off Sirius' arms were all for him.

There were perfumes, watches, jewelry, and books the price of his salary. Sirius snaps his fingers. "C'mon chop chop, time is ticking. We have a flight to catch in 2 hours and I need to buy you the new YSL summer edition."

"Sirius." Remus holds his arm, he does it in a way that won't seem suspicious. "I'm serious about you not having to buy things. This is enough."

"Nonsense." Sirius fixes the square shades on his nose. "For the irritation that old man gave you, I must make sure your mood is compensated."

They get in the car, where they could finally relax behind a separator and tinted black windows.

"Sirius, I'm happy," Remus smiles. "Yes I was annoyed at that guy but I'm not anymore. You don't have to burn millions in one go to buy things for me."

The taller takes Sirius' hands in his. "I'm with you in the city of love, even if it was just for transit, it's all I dreamed of."

Sirius is all dopey. He clambers on Remus' lap and lays his head on his chest. "Really ? Are you sure that's all you want ?"

Remus nods, kissing his temple. "All I ever want."

The other hums before leaning to the partition. "Stop in YSL please."

Remus sighs in betrayal. Sirius gives him a pointed look, as if challenging Remus to try to stop him. It was all in vain really. He throws his hands up in surrender.

Jealousy is a normal thing but they always try to fight it with showing more love.

-----

totally irrelevant but this is something CEO sirius would send..