189. Nights in

Nothing was supposed to happen tonight. Sirius lays on his stomach on the soft carpet to watch another movie while Remus is under the covers, finishing his latest read.

The sound of cars bustled outside but nothing seemed to pop their bubble. Remus almost let his eyes droop. Almost.

Curiously, he peers to the boy below. Sirius looked focused. He couldn't hear the dialog nor see his screen but he looked so invested in whatever's going on.  Remus feels his lips tug upwards. He looks cute. Eyebrows furrowed, lips pursed together like that. He wanted nothing more than to pull Sirius in bed with him.

But they continue like that, immersed in their own worlds. Until Sirius sits up, scratching at his right eye.

"Remus."

The name looks up from his book. "Baby why are you crying ?"

Sirius unplugs his earphones haphazardly and tucks the iPad away on the desk. "He died at the end."

"Who ?" Remus asked amused at his husband's melancholy.

"William Traynor," Sirius sniffed. "The guy Sam Claflin played."

Remus stands up to put his book next to Sirius iPad. He turns to the teary eyes boy.

"Awww come here."

Like a child running to his mother, Sirius buries his face in Remus' neck. His hands clutching on to the back of Remus' shirt like a vice.

Warm. Warm. Warm. Warm all over. Sirius feels as he was hugging the sun. Remus smiles against his head.

"Sad, romance movies make you cry so fast." He says.

Sirius mumbles a reply. 

"What's that ?"

The smaller pulls away. "I think of us when I watch."

Remus shakes his head disapprovingly. "We're not movie characters, sunflower. We have the power to change our plots."

He pulls Sirius on the bed and tugs the blanket to cover them. Sirius hugs Remus side as the other twirls his hair in his finger.

"But what if one of us gets sick and we can't fight it ?" Sirius thought aloud.

Remus chuckles. "You really have to stop watching romance movies with sad endings."

Sirius lies on his arm now turning to Remus. "I'm serious ! What if you die first and I'll be all alone ?"

Remus looks at Sirius with the outmost love. He cradles his face with gentle hands and tuck a piece of hair behind his ear. "First of all, 'what-if' questions won't do you any good. There are a million trillion of what ifs, you'll worry yourself sick thinking of it all."

Sirius hums softly, letting his arms rest on Remus chest then leaning his chin above it.

"Second, energy cannot be created nor destroyed," Remus takes Sirius' left hand where his wedding ring sits. "And love is also an energy. So even if I die, it'll still be here with you. It can never, ever be destroyed."

Sirius beams like a clear blue sky at his words. He returns to lie  by Remus' side though his hand still locked with the other's.

"Ykno, you don't have to worry about us ending up the same way as those movies. Someone made their stories sad but we can make ours different. Give us our own happy ending. It won't be easy, I know, but loving you is worth every second. So don't worry about my love, sunflower, you know it'll always be yours. Whatever our story may become."

Sirius feels his eyes grow heavy. He's half lidded when Remus turns on his side to face him. He nozzles into Remus' skin. So safe. He murmurs an I love you before succumbing to the dark.

Remus rests his arm on Sirius' waist, feeling the softness of his shirt. He then drops a kiss on his head.

The smaller doesn't know that he worries too. Remus is afraid of losing Sirius as much as he is of Remus. There are many, more realistic, reasons for a split. He fears they jump on one of them and split for real.

But right now, with Sirius under his arm and impossibly stuck to his chest, Remus would rather not worry about it. He knows Sirius loves him enough to cry about it and he knows he'd do anything for him.