141. Tear In My Heart

*Strikes 3 chords* SOMETIMES YA GOTTA BREATHE TO KNOW
--------

After James and Lily waved them off, Remus drove quietly back home. Their destination's an hour away but he'll drive anywhere for his bestfriends.

Sirius was still fired about the Marauders' get together later that evening. It was a special occasion afterall, Harry Potter just joined the family !

"And his hair Moony ! He's a few months old but his hair's thicker than a bush !"

Remus chuckled. "Yeah James' doing."

The street lights did their job quite poorly. Their shine only enough to color Sirius' nose bridge and cheeks. He's happy it tinted his face yellow because he is positively blushing.

His mind entertaining the thought of... what if they had their own baby ? Or a toddler or a teenager. He imagines Remus sleeping on their rocking chair with a baby on his chest and Sirius just felt his heart melt.

Or maybe he'd teach their kid how to fly a broom and they'd have a match against the Potters. Would Remus look cute pushing a stroller ? Definitely.

Sirius leaned on the car door and watched as the other drove seriously. Both hands on the wheel, eyebrows all crooked.

He did suggest going by Floo but Remus insisted they take the old Volkswagen for a ride. "The engine needs some heating." He says. Sirius knows he just wants to prolong their moment.

"What ?" Remus glanced to his side. "Something on my face ?"

Sirius gave a thoughtful hum. "Maybe.. beauty ?"

Remus gave him an eye roll,  still his lips curved into a shy smile. Sirius shrugged. "Nothing, I'm just adoring my husband. That's all."

Remus got himself a fan. He relaxed in his seat and rested his left hand on Sirius' thigh. Maybe the owner felt like he wanted to combust.

"Can I hold your hand?" He asked ever so politely.

The radio drowned out the "tsk" coming from Sirius' mouth. "Of course you can silly."

Tattooed hands came to sandwich Remus' one hand. Sirius' attention now averted to playing with Remus' fingers. He compares their palm size as the car drove up and down the hills.

"I like how I can fit both of your wrists in my hand." Remus made his point, wrapping his hand around the other.

Sirius had a naughty smirk. "I like it too."

They fell silent before bursting in laughter. "What was that !?" Remus swiped a tear.

"My love for you !"

The rolling giggles died down to a comfortable silence. Only the random band from their radio filling the empty space.

Remus noticed the chatter start to quiet.  Sirius' grip around his hand loosened but still there. So when the traffic light turned red, he actually took a proper look at his husband.

Sirius was asleep.

Lips ajar, face so peaceful.  Light gasps and sighs joined the music. Remus' stunned face turned into love.

He swiftly grabbed a pillow from the back seat and slid it between Sirius' head and glass. He'd do anything to protect his lover, it's primal. A basic instinct.

Remus tucked Sirius' hair behind his ears before stepping on the gas. Sirius stirred a bit at the sudden change of pace.

"Mmmh hand."

Or maybe it wasn't the change that stirred him. Remus' chest warmed. He rested his hand on Sirius' thigh again and the other unconsciously took it back in his hold.

"Cute." Remus whispered.

Now, one thing he absolutely hates about the English country side is that trucks drive on the road everyday, non stop. It resulted in holes everywhere !

Remus had to slow down to carefully avoid the deeper holes. He cursed as quietly as he can.

"Fucking hell, I pay taxes for nothing !" He complained.

His speed is the equivalent to a grandmother's but one look to his left and it's not a problem anymore.  Heck, he'd stop by the side so Sirius could sleep better if it wasn't in the middle of the night.

Remus rubbed circles in Sirius' hand. He's fuming, irritation bubbling under his skin. Who decided to ignore this frequently used road when they did renovations ?

That's okay, he'll just avoid the holes so Sirius sleeps fine.

He loves this idiot so much it's crazy. Unfathomable. Unthinkable. Impossibly possible. He didn't know feelings could go to this extent for someone. But for Sirius Lupin ? He feels it 100 times fold.

Another turn and it's their road. Just a little more till they make it home safe.
Remus squeezed Sirius' hands gently.

"Love, wake up. We're close. Sleep again at home."

Remus is holding back all the urge to baby the hell out of Sirius. Look at him ! All grouchy and pouty. He had the meanest look even though he's still bleary-eyed.

After the car's parked, Remus went to the other side to open Sirius' door. Even if he's half-wolf, he's raised a gentleman.

"We have arrived my prince." He said teasingly.

Sirius scowled and stood on wobbly legs. He instantly wrapped himself around Remus' arm. The taller pulling a cranky child in to the apartment lift.

Sirius hummed in content as he laid his head on Remus' jacket clad shoulder. "Nice perfume Lupin."

"Thanks Lupin."

Remus could feel the smile pressed on his nape. Sirius busy nosing his neck. The attention to his arm turned to a back hug.

Remus was thankful because Sirius couldn't see the shit eating grin on his face. He's so lucky. He's so fucking lucky.

Sirius is hugging him. Sirius is literally smiling just from his scent. The Sirius Black is drooling on his jacket probably.

He's lucky. He's the one who can feel the weight on his back, the arms wrapped securely around his waist and the warmth, oh the warmth, radiating through him.

"I'm the happiest man in the world." Remus thought aloud as he brought one of Sirius' hand to kiss tenderly.

"Expected, as I am your husband."

Remus' fake gagged. Always so braggy. A full time brat, no matter the situation.

The lift dinged and they stumbled out. People would've thought they're drunk but no, they're just love sick idiots so in love it takes everything to hold them back from showing it.