6. the nights

2 am at the lupins cottage

The moon is shining bright outside my window and the cool breeze just blowin around my room.

I just woke up for a mid night snack. (Omg so relatable moony). I was sleeping until my tummy stared to growl. So i sat on the side of my bed and lazily wore my slippers which is embarrassingly the shape of a black dog snout. Blame sirius for this, he gave me these, might as well wear it.

I walked over to get my empty mug for a refill of tea. Then i made my way downstairs. The steps are creaky as usual. The pictures moving. My photograph with the marauders. Me with lily (with james' blessing of course) then my family and sirius (when they first met him) everyone was happy not until voldemort came to power. All was well.

I finally reached my kitchen and opened the fridge. I pulled out the frozen cookies i baked earlier, some chocolate bars and candy. I have a sweet tooth dont mind me. as i was making tea, i heard the fire place crackle. The sound of someone arriving by floo.

I swiftly grabbed my kitchen knife. And faced the intruder who turns out to be sirius. With a dangerous amount of bruises and cuts. But a sly smile on his face.

"Woah remmy whats with the temper ? Im not walburga, relax a bit" sirius came over and gave me a hug.

I put down the knife and touched one of his bruises on the the right cheek.

"Come here sirius, we have to put ointment on that"

"Alright can i have a cookie tho ?" Sirius grabbed the cookie and ate it once i said yes.

Hes sat down on the kitchen stool as i bring out the ointment i kept for my furry problem and possible nights like this. Night when sirius needs help.

I DABbed some of the ointment on sirius' face. He might have a strong face structure and a sharp jawline but he is just a little boy who ran away.

Then the tears started rolling down his cheeks. One at first then came lots streaming down. I put the ointment bottle down and sat infront of him.

"Sirius dear, you can tell me anything you want. There there" i held him in my arms. This is the other side of sirius, the vulnerable side.

"She hit me again and a-again because i c-came out. She t-tried beating me with my father's w-walking stick. I h-had to r-run away. I flooed here. T-this is the only place i c-could t-think of"
He wept into my sweater. I dont care. My priority is that my bestfriend and boy friend is safe.

I held him as i stood up to guide him to my bed. His steps were slow because of the bruises his legs had. Tears kept rolling but i brushed them away.

I opened my bedroom door and prepared his change

"Now siri i need you to change your clothes and sleep. Can you do that for me ?" He nodded feebly. And changed into the clothes i gave him.

Bruises and scars riddled his body. From his shoulder blades to his spine down his back. I sit there holding back my own tears. Seeing my boyfriend like this hurts me enough.

He lay down on my bed. "Can you sleep beside me moony ?"

"Sure pads" and there we are sleeping face to face with my arm around him. Protecting him from the problems he has to face.

There we were. The boys with scars. The boys broken by fate. But we felt safe near each other. And thats how it was.

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is the longest chapter. And the saddest and darkest. We see broken siri. We see the victim of abuse and Abusive parents.

If you guys have abusive parents or people near you. Just know that there are people who value you more than those abusers value you. You are so much more than that. Please dont hesitate to call a safe house or the auhorities if things went out of hand

Stay safe bros - Rena ;)