126. Papa and Dada

Teddy never understood how his papa seemed to know everything.

He once came up to him, holding a broken music box he can't open no matter how much he jiggled it. The little boy came up to Remus on the verge of crying.

"Papa, it's stuck ! I broke it." He said, guilty.

Remus ruffled his hair. "C'mon now. Nothing is ever really broken. We can always find a way."

The man studied it. Teddy thought the box looked so small in his hands compared to his chubby fingers. Remus had a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Okay Ted, after I tap it 3 times you have to say, "Open !" with all your might. Got it ?"

His papa was holding a mysterious looking stick. It was actually a wand but the toddler didn't know. He watched closely as Remus tapped it lightly.

"Open !" He yelled.

The box flew open, twinkling music came with it's awakening. Teddy gleefully clapped and cheered. "You fixed  it papa ! You fixed it ! Thank you !"

Remus only had a wistful smile as he watched his son jump around with the little box. Not knowing the magic running in his veins.

The couple agreed not to tell him yet. They waited until he was 9. They, specifically Sirius, were cautious with magic. Choosing not to let Teddy indulge too much in it before he's ready.

Teddy didn't understand. Why his dada seemed to know everything. Like that one night he tip toed down the stairs to take a nip off the cookie jar. He made sure papa and dada were asleep before he made his move.

The stairs did creak a bit. He blamed its noise when Sirius waited for him on the sofa with an old looking newspaper. Which was something like the Marauder's map but made simple for their neighborhood.

"Tututut. Where is my little boy going ?" He said, faking the stern tone. A tone only Remus could master.

"I want the sugar cookies but papa said I can't or I'll get too excited." Teddy played with the hem of his pajamas. He got caught :(.

Sirius knelt in front of him, crows feet adorning his eyes. A finger on his lips and Teddy looked ecstatic. He nodded eagerly, copying the finger.

He took his dada's hand, tip toe-ing to the kitchen. He clapped his hands softly as Sirius reached to the highest shelf to grab the jar.

They sat on the floor and ate the cookies right out of the jar. Teddy giggled at the sugar whiskers on Sirius' cheeks. Their moment suddenly ceased when a creak from the staircase reached them.

"Sirius ? Where are you ?"

Papa's sleepy voice !

Sirius jumped to his feet, closed the jar and put it back to where it came from. He hastily wiped the crumbs off Teddy's cheeks, the both of them holding their grins.

The older pressed a palm to his right hand and leaned his face on it, closing his eyes. "Sleep" His lips read.

Teddy hugged Sirius' neck and covered his face. That's when Remus came in the kitchen.

"Tough night ?" He asked.

Sirius shrugged. "Had a nightmare."

Behind Teddy's back, Remus raised his eyebrow and had his hands on his hips.  His eyes flitted to the misplaced jar then back at Sirius.

"You have sugar on your face." He mouthed.

Sirius had a wide smile on. As they walked past Remus, he dropped a kiss on his husband's lips. "What's life without a little risk ?"

He shuffled away. Once hidden in Teddy's room, the boy tucked in under the covers, only then does Teddy crack one eye open.

"This is not an everyday thing okay kiddo ? Don't want you sneaking around at night." Sirius kissed his forehead.

"Okay dada. Goodnight."

"Goodnight baby."

Sirius turned the lights off on his way out. He closed the door and smirked, feeling Remus' arms around him.

"He is a mini Padfoot in the making." He said, kissing Sirius' cheek.

"He's got Moony in there too." Sirius cuddled in. "Mcgonagall's going through one hell of a child once he gets into Hogwarts."

----

"TEDDY LUPIN DON'T YOU RUN !"

"I'm not running professor, I'm flying !"

Picture a second year Teddy, already a whizz on the broom, zipping away to the skies.

The next thing he knew, a howler sat on the Hufflepuff table. His friends gave a low "oooo" the sight. Someone's in trouble.

"Teddy Lupin." Papa's voice came out dead serious.

"TEDDY LUPIN !" Dada's voice came out cheerful.

Teddy pumped his fist in the air followed by his housemates laughter.

"THAT'S MY SON ! DRAGON FIRECRACKERS !? SHOOTING OUT OF THE TOILET !? A FUCKING GENIUS- Teddy, we were called in today. We're going there and I hope you rethink everything you've done."

He felt queasy at Remus' tone but a quieter whisper from his papa made him smile.

"Indeed a genius move, but try using Vanishing Volcanoes next time."

------

Teddy sat between his fathers. Mcgonagall had a look on her face. The talk went fast. A basic "Don't get into trouble, stay in class." speech and he was dismissed.

But he stayed behind the headmistress' door.

Mcgonagall sighed. "That boy... I knew the moment he walked- no, strutted through that door he was going to make me old by the years."

Sirius leaned over to Remus, his arm curling around his. "Well, what'd you expect ? I mean you know what we're like back then."

The transfiguration master rolled her eyes fondly. "Yes yes, you and Potter corrupting sweet Remus."

A glint in his eyes. "Oh professor, I think it's the other way around."

That's when Teddy ran back to his dorm, giggling triumphantly. So his papa wasn't so innocent after all.