130. At Home

Songs I listened while writing this: 

- Moonlight (Queen Ariana Grande) 

-Superhero (King Lauv)  Lmao i love these people so much AAAAAAAAAAAAA

-------------------------------------------------------------

When Remus unlocked the front door and found the whole house dark, he sighed. He hung his scarf on the coat rack and shed more layers off his frame. In his mind, he wondered how Sirius is doing. It's 9o'clock at night still no sign of him anywhere. 

"He'll come home safe," Remus said to the empty bedroom. He changed out of his clothes and headed to the bathroom for a warm shower. 

Lavender soon filled the room. He wanted the ambience just right for a good night's relaxation. He felt the much needed stretch as he grabbed a book on their nightstand. Fluffy white comforter over his legs, he settles in to wait for his pending husband.

***

Halfway through the novel, Remus heard the familiar rattle of keys in a lock. Sirius is finally home. He listens closely as the stomping turned into soft pats on their wooden floor. Remus smiles to himself, his husband finally remembers not to wear his Doc Martens at home. He thought back on the petty fight over skid marks left on the pristine beige wood Remus tried so hard to keep shiny. The fight ended up with them naked in bed, so who was he to complain ?

"Lupin," A gruff voice greeted him from the door frame. 

Sirius looked like he fought 2 wars and a curtain (oops). His usually neat hair pulled in a hastily tied low pony. His makeup already gone with the sweat making his dark circles show. He dumped his bag on his special bean bag and dragged his feet like a toddler to where Remus is. 

"Shower," He nodded to the bathroom. "No hugs until then."

Remus wanted to give in. He really, really wanted to. But if that man does not freshen up, he's going to stink the whole room. Sirius rolled his eyes and threw his wedding ring at him. Remus caught it on time. 

"I'm divorcing you." He groaned.

Remus nodded, returning to his book ."Sure, oh and the candles are lit. Don't burn yourself." 

A grunt answered him then he's gone. Remus chuckled to himself, the matching gold ring toyed in his fingers. He never takes Sirius' threats seriously. He knows the other loves him too much to actually file a split. His pointer feels his name engraved on the inner side of the ring and his heart preens. 

A few minutes later, Sirius walked out with a halo of steam behind him. Towel hanging around his neck and pajama pants hugging his bare waist, Remus thinks it's unfair for someone to look that good half naked, fresh out of the shower. Sirius gave his face another rub before swinging the towel to a chair to dry. 

"Oh my baby." Remus cooed, when he yawned loudly. He opened his arms for Sirius to dive in but instead the man flopped on his stomach, landing with a soft poof .

"I'm so fucking tireeedd." He drawled, complaining against the sheets. 

Remus patted his covered lap. "Scooch a bit higher." 

Sirius wormed himself to the spot. His arms quickly securing Remus around the waist. After that, he nuzzled his head on his tummy. The tension visibly leaving his body in waves. Remus leaned down to kiss his hair. His fingers replacing them as soon as he sits back up. 

"Tough day huh ?" 

A nod. "The weather was shitty too. Humid then cold then hot." 

Remus hummed. "We both have our day's off tomorrow. What do you say if we go have a picnic on the hill ?"

Sirius finally looked up. He pushed himself off Remus' lap for a mermaid style kiss. "And this is why I love you." 

The other only grinned. "Weren't you divorcing me not 5 minutes ago ?" 

The annoyed, grumpy look returned. Sirius rolled his eyes. "Never mind. I take back my words." 

Remus laughed in return. "Sure sure." 

Sirius flopped on his stomach but kept his left hand up. "My ring please." 

Remus relived some of his fondest memories as he slides the metal in its rightful place. His lips kissed the cold gold before tucking it back around his waist. "Good night lover."

His reply came in a snore. Remus smiled. He let the music lull him to sleep. Maybe he'll see Sirius in his dreams again.