96. Teacher

"Welcome back to our class. We are going to  learn about elves and their unique ability in magic." Professor Lupin started.

He cleared his throat. "Mr. Dobby, will you join our class please? Now children, you can gather round and see what mr. Dobby can do with just snapping."

Really, Sirius' attention wasn't on the elf nor the things spewing out of Remus' mouth. The gryffindor was looking at the young professor like rent was due.

"Sirius Black !"

Shit.

"Yes ?" He stood up and finally noticed  the classroom's emptiness.

"Did you hear what I just said ? or anything for the past half hour perhaps ?"

The dull knocking of Remus' shoes hit the marble floor. Each hit matching the growing knocks in Sirius' chest. Fuck, what was he supposed to say ?

"Uhh I- I'm sorry professor.. My mind was else where. I'll go right away."

Sirius scrambled to gather his books and rolls of parchment. He cursed when, instead of being good little objects, they roll away from his idle fingers.

He bent down to grab it but Remus beat him to it. "Sit. You've been spacing out and I don't know what to think. Where did it go Sirius ?"

"Did what go sir ?"

A sigh. "Your mind Black. I asked Dumbledore why you might be like this but he won't give pointers. I want to help you Sirius."

Sirius thought of lots of excuses. I mean, he can't possibly say that he was daydreaming of a private lesson with his DADA professor right ?

"I hate to intrude but if it's something from home, I can send a letter to them."

That made Sirius look up instantly. "No ! I mean no.. sir. It's nothing really I'm just-"

"Bullshit. I know some kids who daydream and they snap out of it at some point in the lesson. Even if they don't, they have other.. underlying reasons to why not."

His brown eyes seem to find answers in Sirius' own. While their age may differ, Remus is not far too old and Sirius was in his last year.

"It's a shame if you waste your last semester here. Aside from that, I found some interesting notes."

Sirius felt his stomach twist. "What.. notes sir ?"

"Last week, I lent my book to Mr. Potter because he was interested in werewolves. That night I found someone writing quite... I don't know how to put this...vigorous?"

Remus chuckled and pulled the book out. Flipping through it before putting it between them. Sirius' mind went blank.

That was his scribbles. His drunk drawings of Remus and himself. He borrowed (snatched)  that book from James after getting sad over his crush on Remus.

"Sir..please don't get mad.."

Remus raised his eyebrow. "Why would I be ?"

"Because..I drew those and I- I like you, in that way."

All this time, Remus hoped Sirius' behaviour around him was simply his nervousness or anything aside from actual love forming.

"Sirius,"

Sirius hates that tone. He curls inside, anticipating what happens next.

"You know how dangerous it would be for us to indulge in this, don't you ?

"Yes ! I know but I really like you and I don't care I want to date you. Give me a chance professor."

Remus patted his shoulder. "I'm not the person you'd want Sirius. You like what I show to the class, do you know what I'm like outside ?  Besides, my position here is to teach. It's not right Sirius."

Sirius' heart broke into 2. He can't deny any of his words. His rash decision might endanger Remus' job and his own safety.

A callused hand brushed Sirius' face. "Hey, don't give me that look. For now, you'll have to focus on graduating then you can rethink about these feelings."

That, sparked an idea. "Alright, I'll graduate alright. But you,"

Sirius pulled the distracted man by his tie. "If I get the highest points in your class, you'll have to give me an answer."

Remus' eyes darted between Sirius' eyes and lips. Scanning his whole face.
He leaned closer and kissed Sirius. The boy had his eyes wide open and in shock.

Once apart, Sirius' fingers traced his lips.

"Does that answer your question ?"

Remus stood up and straightened his suit. "If you get the highest points in my class, I'll agree to give you a chance. Till then, we should not be like this."

He grabbed his case and was about to walk out the door when a pair of arms hugged his waist. "Be prepared to go on a date with me then." Sirius said before sprinting out.

Remus pinched the bridge of his nose, the 20 year old sighed. The pounding in his ribcage refused to die down.

"That boy.."