113. When I See You

I was watching The Theory Of Everything and I had an epiphany.

oh okay, I'll try to word what Stephen said in the movie but Lord knows I'm not a scientist sooo HAHA apologies my scientist readers.
------

"No, no, no that is- that does not sound right ! The universe did not just pop out of no where !" Remus paced around the office.

Mcgonagall sighed and set her half-moon glasses down.  "Then what do you propose Mr. Lupin ? We certainly can't turn back time now can we ?"

Turn back time. Turn back time. Turn back time.

That's where it began. Remus is now sitting hunched over his desk. Coffee spills and crumpled paper all around him. The steady violins of Wagner playing in the background.

His head heating up with every equation he explores. Nothing is showing answers. Nothing is giving him any clues.

"Fucking hell !"

Frustration built up in his throat. His eyes scanned the books again. Einstein said this. Physics said that. Why is nothing intersecting ?

A light knock on his door and the only person he'd like to see, poked his head in.

"Is that educational ?" He asked, youthful glint in his eye.

"At this point, I'd consider it cancerous to the human consciousness." He replied, head still in his palms.

Musical laughter and Remus sensed the man walk closer, kneeling by his side. His face looking back at him as he rested his chin on the red wood.

Blue-grey eyes that he found the most charming, stared deeply into his own. "Let's go out."

"Sirius, you know I can't." He groaned. "I have a theory to find and a question to answer."

"I just heard you scream 'Fucking Hell', bold of you to think I'd let you cram in here forever."

The vivacious young man stood up and pulled the scientist by his arm. "Cmon now sweetheart, you gotta live !"

With an over exaggerated sigh, Remus stood up. Letting the literature major drag him to the campus fields. Where other students sat reading and playing croquet.

"Where are you taking me Black ?"

"To infinity and beyond !" He replied airily.

Infinity.

Sirius took him to the meadows. A sea of green and willow trees. High grass and fluttering butterflies dancing in mid air.

"You have to live, doctor ! What is time if not filling it."

Their hands dropped as Sirius ran in between the fields. In Remus' mind, he looked magnificent. 

Ebony hair flowing behing him, his white shirt hanging loosely on his frame. The bright pink smile  as he twirled around the flowers.

Time.

How blessed is he, Remus thinks. To be in the exact time and space as this creature. What is time if not used to spend it ?

Time.

Remus wants to turn it back. To see Sirius come in his dorm again. To find his face in a crowded room again. Turn it back to the beginning of time.

"Sirius ! Sirius !"

The man in question whirled to find him. The man already sitting in a patch of daisies. He plopped next to him and peered over his shoulder.

"You making daisy chains ?"

Remus hummed. He glanced to his right and pressed a kiss on his cheek. "Time, chronology, is a chain of places and happenings in a single moment. What if we undo it ?"

Sirius watched as he untied the daisies and dropped them to the ground.

"One by one until we go back to the first time."

A single daisy hung in mid air.

"If we go back to the first ever time, we'd see how time happened. You just need an equation to that exact time. Remus-" Sirius clasped a palm to his mouth. "You're extraordinary."

Remus giggled. He snuck a daisy on Sirius' ear and tucked his hair behind it.
A chaste kiss on his lips as he whispered, "No, you are, my love."

Sirius blushed deeply. "Shut it Lupin."

So they sat there until sun down. Remus could never forget Sirius' skin turning honey as the sun showered him. He was in his element. He was in his time.

Sirius let a breath out. He had tons of papers he need to read. Books he need to analyze and history he needs to dive in but right now, when the grass tickles him and he can smell the earth and Remus close by, he's content.

"It's beautiful, isn't it ?" he whispered.

Remus' gaze was loving. I think that is the best way to draw the situation, loving. That's why he calls the other "my love." It's poetic don't you think ? To define someone as love. The power this person has to embody the ancient deity of love in their very being.

"Not more than you."

Sirius pushed him away only to lay on his chest. Remus' lanky arms holding him tight. The poet asked the scientist,

"If you were to undo the chains of time, would you come back to where I was ?"

Remus' lips found the crown of his head. "In every timeline, in every universe, I'd find you. Again and again until you can recognize me by my soul, not the flesh that encases me."

He breathed in and continued, "Because when I see you, I found the reason why I was born in this time and not before or after. I'm right where I'm supposed to be, in your presence."

Sirius only hugged him tighter and let his eyes close. "Then I'll gladly wait for you each time."