201. Venom pt 2

Venom is a weird addition to their couple life. After graduating highschool and moving in together for university, the weirdness of it gets more obvious.

The alien doesn't necessarily get in the way. Sometimes he just butts in at the worst possible time. It takes time for Sirius to adjust but really, he's happy Venom's around.

***

Like that time the alien finally understands that Sirius is clumsy. Bumping his hips, stubbing his toe and dropping water out of his cup. It's a Sirius thing.

"Mother-" Sirius curses. Stupid doorframe getting in the way.

"Sirius you okay ?" Remus' head pops out of the kitchen, followed by Venom's.

"No ! My baby !" Venom cries and stretches to where Sirius was hopping on one foot.

"It's fine. Just the usual." He grits out, still clutching on the throbbing toe.

He hears the stove turned off and footsteps on the floor. Remus sits beside him to check on the wound.

"Venom, can you heal him ?" Remus asks.

"Sirius must host me."

Sirius' eyes widens. "How does that work ?"

"He'll just crawl on you. Like slime." Remus massages his foot.

Venom lets out a scoff. "Slime ?! I'm fantastic !"

At Sirius' nodd, the alien materializes on Remus' arm before webbing across the floor to Sirius' straightened leg. The boy's eyes find Remus. The original host only had a knowing smile. It does feel kinda weird.

"Thank you V." Sirius kisses Venom's cheek once it returns to Remus.

The alien couldn't blush. Heck, it's hard to know who he's looking at sometimes. But Venom gives a flustered chuckle (something Sirius recognizes in Remus) and hides behind Remus' back.

The taller helps him up and they resume preparing dinner.

The next time Sirius passes through that doorframe, he passes by a blackened, jelly doorframe. So soft, it's like hitting his shoulder against a bouncy ball. When he stands by the table, its legs were black and gooey.

Remus is no different. Just like his alien (parasite) friend, he'd baby proofed the whole dorm. Corners were tucked against walls and foamed. He'd even made a habbit of stocking cooling gels, much to Venom's disapproval. 

"I can heal him better."

"He might gain immunity to your healing if we use it too often."

"Toothpick nerd."

"Parasite."

A gasp. Remus feels Venom stretch out of his body. Probably to go find Sirius and tell on him to his own boyfriend. Sirius has got to stop spoiling the alien but he never listens.

"Oh Remus," Sirius appears with hands on his hips. "What did you say to him ?"

Venom fake cries behind him though he towers over Sirius completely. Bloody actor.

"A parasite," Remus sighs. "He called me a toothpick nerd first !"

Sirius looks at Venom. "C'mon, we talked about this. Bad Venom"

Venom' head hung guilty. Sirius pats his head. "Bad Remus too. You promised not call him a parasite."

Remus kisses his cheek in apology. His hands go to Sirius' waist, pulling them closer together.

"Now say sorry, both of you." 

The "sorry"s come out half assed. They establish a truce whenever Sirius is around. But once his back is turned, Venom sticks his tongue out and Remus his middle finger.

Sometimes, incredibly rare sometimes, the fighting isn't between Remus and Venom. It's the worst type of fighting.

Sirius storms out of the room after muttering his needs to cool off. While Remus runs a hand through his hair. He doesn't have the energy to fight like this. Especially with Sirius.

Venom, who was respectfully silent the whole time, finally comes out. He gives Remus a look before going after Sirius. Sigh. The alien always sides with Sirius. His "baby, sweet candy" and Remus wonders who's the boyfriend.

The dorm isn't big. He could hear their conversation perfectly without leaving their room.

"He doesn't mean that Sirius."

A sniff. "Well, he sounded like he did. You head what he said."

Venom hums. Something in the kitchen breaks then he hears the sound of water filling up a glass. Remus'll clean that up later.

"Thanks V." Sirius says.

The alien must've given him a tissue box because he's blowing his nose later.

They don't talk or see each other until night. It's hard to avoid Sirius in a small dorm. Not to mention Venom controlling Remus' legs to wherever Sirius is all the time.

"Say sorry."

This reminds Remus to the day that lead to their confession. The man nods, though he isn't moving from his spot.

"I will when he's ready to hear it. It's no use talking when we're both not calm." Remus reasons.

"You're just a pussy."

Remus shuts his book and glares at the black, toothy face. "You're not even in this relationship."

"But I make better decisions."

The man takes a breath. He's not going to do this with Venom today. Out of all days, not when he's already fighting with Sirius.

"Say sorry." The alien commands before going back in Remus' body.

He knows it's no use talking about to Remus right now.

That night's even colder. Sirius is "asleep"  facing the other way while Remus hugs his pillow on the other side. Venom groans, desperate, from inside.

Before Remus could protest, a black web circles around Sirius' waist. It gently pulls Sirius back wards.

"Venom.." Sirius interjects tiredly.

Venom's face comes out and shouts his request one more time as if the humans were hard of hearing. "Say sorry !"

He lets Sirius' waist go and takes the pillow Remus was hugging and flings it out the window. The alien returns to his host but for a final act of heroism, he controls Remus' arm to throw it over Sirius.

The black goo melts away and Remus is still holding Sirius against his chest. Slowly finding his voice, Remus follows Venom's words.

"Sirius, I'm sorry. You're more important and I don't want to lose you in a dumb fight."

Sirius turns around, much to Remus' relief, under his arm. He nodds his acceptance over the apology while his eyes blink away the wetness coming to it. Remus kisses his forehead and stays there.

"I really am sorry. Please don't cry flower." He whispers, hand going to Sirius' face.

Sirius tilts his face upwards, trying to catch his lover's lips. Remus leans down and meets him half way. The smaller smiles into the kiss, exactly the same way he had during their first.

Remus hugs him tighter and Sirius sleeps tucked under his neck. 

Venom sleeps knowing HE did THAT.

Yes, having a constant third wheel is a little weird but most times, it's something Sirius wouldn't change.