192. Missing Wolf

Inspired by Charlie Burg's song, I Don't Wanna Be Okay Without You

***

Remus lays there on the bed, clad in his boyfriend's leather jacket, wanting more than anything for its master to come back.

It's been a month since Sirius went on the mission to spy on the centaur clan and two weeks since Remus had heard from him. Though in this time of war It's understandable, Sirius had never missed sending a letter. No matter how short or messy, Remus would hear from him at least in a few days.

The werewolf flips to another page of his book. Sometimes his tires eyes would flit to the walls and watch as the night light cast shadows on it. He wonders if he'll get any news tonight.

He sighs and shifts his resting position, making the leather squeak in his wake. Remus smells the beloved thing. It's got a library of scents. The original leather (a little faded), Sirius' rose cologne (also sadly a little faded) and the mint cigarettes Sirius always kept in the right pocket. Remus pats it down and he's right again.

A white box and a smaller box of matches. One time, Remus pointed out that Sirius could just use magic for fire but the other refused.

"I like the sound it makes Rem. It goes tssskk fschhhh !" Sirius said, reenacting the fire burning on the little wood.

Remus smiles at the memory. And now he's sad again. It's just his luck he's born into war and his boyfriend is a fighter-never-die type.

Remus remembers when he asked to go with Sirius. The Order members thought it'd be unwise to send him to meet magical creatures as he was... half a magical creature himself. The centaurs might think he was sent by the Werewolves, Greyback's Pack.

Sirius kissed his cheek the night before he left, promising that he'll give more than just a cheek kiss when he returns. Remus squeezes the jacket closer to himself, that kiss felt so long ago.

His pointer and thumb go to press on his eyelids. Think happy thoughts, Remus tells himself. It's no use imagining all the outcomes if he couldn't anything about it. Tired, he closes the book and pushes it on the bed side table.

Until he hears it. The front door opening.

Remus grabs his wand and taps a silencing bubble around him. He opens the door with an 'Alohomora'. Hopefully whoever it was didn't notice him.

"Moons ? Why're you creeping around like that ?" Sirius' lips open in a half grin.

Remus un-silences himself and just stood there at the end of the hallway. Sirius looks well, from an initial, viual scan. He's just drinking in the sight.

"Is that ?" Sirius points with a curious look. "Is that mine ?"

Remus strides to him in quick steps and pulls him to his chest.

"Yes, yours." He mutters against the material of Sirius' shirt.

He's answering a whole different question in his head but whatever. Everything is just Sirius Sirius Sirius and he feels like the personifaction of dropping your bag after a long day.

Even though he's much taller, Remus has this ability to make himself Sirius-sized. He's a little spoon as much as he's big spoon. He wears Sirius' clothes and even now, he's just a baby wolf in his arms.

"Aww someone misses me," Sirius rubs his curved back. "Won't you come out of there so I can see you ?"

Remus shakes his head, burrowing deeper into Sirius' neck. The smaller nods understandingly.

"1 more minute or I'll have to carry you to our room."

Remus lets go and kisses his lips. "You're so annoying."

"What ? What did I do !?" HEY-"

The taller leans down and grabs the back of Sirius' thighs. He's then hoisted to a fireman carry over Remus's shoulder. Sirius drives his fist to his back but Remus doesn't even flinch. With a slap to the jean covered butt, Sirius stills.

"I'll drop you if you don't stay still." Remus says.

"Did you just spank me Lupin?" Sirius gasped, scandalized.

Remus finally cracks a chuckle. "Missed doing that."

Sirius wonders what will happen to him if he leaves for more than a month.