120. Blown Over

Remus never expected the fight to get this serious. It started civilly. Remus coming home from work with news he knows Sirius won't take lightly.

"My boss.. recommended me to move to  Lisbon. They already have a post for me ready there. Good prospects, better pay. They plan on me being there by the end of this month.

Sirius froze. "Did you agree to it ?"

"I.. did. But Sirius-"

"And you didn't talk to me before that ? I'm your husband Remus. If you go that means I have to go too."

Remus felt the sour tinge. "Well yes, that's the idea. Why are you not happy about this ? I thought you wanted to move somewhere."

"Yes I do but not without consideration. I have a life here Remus. A job, friends that I can't just drop !"

Their dinner now untouched. Sirius stood up to create distance. He felt betrayed somehow.

"Why didn't you talk to me about this ?"

Remus followed him to the living room. "I thought you'd be happy for me about this opportunity !"

"I am happy ! But do you realize what's happening ?! You're making decisions for the both of us without my say."

"Maybe it's for the best ! I needed the answer then. Talking to you would take weeks !"

Sirius turned to him, finger jabbing his chest. "Because I'm carefully ruling out the possibilites. I don't make decisions for myself Remus. I think about you too. Moving the whole house in 2 weeks is crazy Remus."

"Maybe you don't have to come."

In the heat of the moment, that felt right. If Sirius isn't willing to go then why bother ?

Sirius' body went slack. "Is this what it is ? You don't want me to go with you ?"

"You don't seem enthusiastic now are you ? Might as well not come."

Like the strike of a gong, Remus' words rippled in his mind. Sirius felt his eyes water. He took a few steps backwards.

This isn't right. They shouldn't be talking like this. They weren't even talking anymore.

His palm covered his quivering lips. The metal band on his finger felt so cold. What happened ? It was all a blur.

If Lisbon was an hour drive away, Sirius would've let Remus go. But the city isn't a stone throw away. It's a whole different country. He hated that Remus didn't even think of him.

He thought the news as a nice surprise. Sirius was an adventurer. He hoped the new city would somehow bring new challenges for him.

Remus stared hardly at him. But his exterior softened once he saw the tears glistening. "Sirius.."

"If you don't want me then go !"

Remus hated his mind for mentioning how beautiful Sirius is. It's quite unfair that he's also a pretty cryer.

The taller sighed and pulled him to his chest. He could feel Sirius' wedding ring against his neck. The anger dissipated, love replacing its place.

"I'm sorry. I never want to go without you Sirius. I should've talked to you."

Sirius felt Remus kiss his head and stroke his hair. The hiccups turned into little gasps. 

"I was shocked Remus. You didn't tell me anything and I wasn't ready to go in 2 weeks. Then you told me I shouldn't come, I didn't know what to think-"

"That's on me Sirius. It won't happen again."

Sirius nodded, hugging Remus tightly. "Promise it."

"I promise I'll talk to you before making plans. I'll be better." Remus took Sirius' left hand and kissed his ring to seal the deal. "I love you."

"And I you."