44. crushed

I honestly cant conclude where the headquarters was for the original order of the phoenix so all the places that im about to say are not based of fandom facts.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Sirius he is going to be okay" kingsley said patting sirius' back. It has been 3 months since remus, arthur and moody went on a mission to a death eater base.

Every order member were agitated because the trio have not returned and because sirius is having more frequent panic attacks and night mares. Sirius'  face is no longer stretched into a smile. The halls of the head quarters were hollow without his laughter. The marauders gone dark too. James and sirius talked in hushed voices about their lost best friend. Peter is trying his best to track the team's last whereabouts but found nothing.

Molly was restless.. eye bags were forming under her eyes. Tonks who were very close to moody were sitting next to molly. The girls are holding on each other's support. The other order members are trying to track the trio and trying their best to comfort molly, tonks and sirius.

-

Sirius face became from handsome to sad to empty. Sirius felt empty. He felt as though a dementor has sucked up his soul and left him walking like a dead man.

Sirius tried running away to search moony himself but the order members stopped him. Because they dont want to risk another order member gone.

So they waited.

Sirius and remus had a magical moon and star ring. Sirius owned the star and remus owned the moon. The ring will be warm when the owner is near or alive. But the ring will grow cold when the owner died.

Sirius' ring was still warm and that was the only hope left. Sirius locked himself in his room in the head quarters. He whispered to his ring "remus dont let me down. Please be safe please come back. Dont leave me. Please remus come back"

Sirius' face was tear stained,pale, hollow and there were no happiness left. He cant produce a patronus. At night he would turn into padfoot and pace his room. Sirius avoided the mirrors because he feared to look at his own face.

-

Molly's food felt tasteless and she only drank and looked at the magical clock (similar to the clock in the burrow) which hands said the trio were still on mission.

Tonks was restless and became agitated. Every day her appearance changed. Monday her hair was blue,tuesday he eyes were purple, wednesday her skin were as dark as coffee, thursday her face changed into a sad face. The normal cheerful bubbly tonks were not seen.

-

Until one day, 3 months after the trio went missing, the door opened slowly. The whole order was downstairs and their wands all out,ready for an attack. But there were no masked figures there were no black cloaks but there stood moony, and arthur supporting moody. Wands lowered and lily and james came to help moody to the emergencies table.

Lily cleaned moody's cuts and bruises. She saw his eyes and she gasped. One eye was missing and was replaced with a magical spinning eye. Moody whispered "thank you evans, potter. Remember constant vigilance. I let my guard down and this happened."

-

In the living room every one was saying words of relief. Molly ran and hugged arthur. "Dont you dare leave me again please dont you dare" the strong woman broke and cried on the warrior.

"hey sirius. Im back" remus said his greetings to a wide eyed sirius. "REMUS LUPIN YOU WERE MISSING FOR 3 MONTHS. 3 MONTHS. AND YOU COME BACK AND YOU SAY HEY. REMUS DONT YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I FELT D-D-d-do you kn-know h-how l-long i didnt sleep. M-moony pleas-" sirius stood there his face streaming with tears. His wand dropped and he covered his face with his hands. Remus too were already crying.

He held sirius' shaking body. Remus held sirius close to him. The crying boy hugged back and let out his grief but he was relieved that his husband was back.

"Sirius im not going to leave you again. I will come back every mission. Im here sirius its alright im here" remus said patting sirius' back

"I just want you to be here after every mission. Please dont ever try to go missing again. I will personally look for you" sirius whispered to remus' shoulder.

-

Since then the couple grew stronger together. Sirius had remus' back and remus had sirius' back.

Everything was okay until the battle of the department of mysteries.
-----------------------------------------------------------

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2K. I LOVE YALL AND YOUR COMMENTS. I READ EVERY COMMENT AND I APPRECIATE THE VOTE AND READS.

Thanks so much. I will update soon
-rena 💕💕