207. That's My Man

Inspired by that one video of a bride and groom taking turns using their new titles on camera.

***

"My.... husband."

No that doesn't sound right.

"My husband !"

Erh too excited.

"My dear husband."

Remus sighs. Now he sounds just like his mum.

"Yes," he nods at an imaginary person. "I'm his husband."

When he says it that way, reality dawns on him.

"H-his husband," He stutters at the sight of the gold ring on his finger. "Officially his."

***

To a lot of people, the first night after tying the knot means sex. Means releasing the pent up tension and just giving proper love to their newly wed. For Remus and Sirius ? They agreed to keep the fucking for tomorrow. Or the honeymoon. Really they're not rushing. They have a lifetime to do all that, taking things slow won't hurt.

That's how Remus finds himself standing in front of the mirror, having just brushed his teeth. He slid the gold ring on and he thinks about his new identity. It just sank in, he's got Sirius,

forever.

The thought brings a giddy smile to his face. Oh he can't wait to carry out all those crazy plans and dates. All those hopes and dreams of a life with Sirius is finally here.

The first step ? Remus needs to fit into his new role.

"Oh hi auntie, yes we're married now." He tests the sentence on his tongue.

"Sorry, I'll call my husband about it."

"My husband said he doesn't want that one."

Remus hides his burning face in his palms. Oh this is worse than when they first got together. When he had to literally remention their status to their friends.

A soft knock on the bathroom door and Remus scrambles to get himself together.

"Hey honey, are you alright ?" Sirius' head pops in.

Remus' eyes follow the hand resting on the door. Its fourth finger had the same ring as he did. His stomach turns to jelly. He's put it there !! His name is on the underside of that ring !!

"Remus ?"

The hand comes closer. Then it rests on Remus' arms, squeezing his biceps in attempt to pull him back to life.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine."

Sirius' eyes searches Remus'. He studies his expression in that way, Remus knows, gets all his secrets out.

"Are you possessed?" He asks. "I knew we shouldn't have booked this hotel. I mean it is a luxury hotel but it's too old. Too many ghosts and weird spirit-"

Remus chuckles. He leans down, bumping their foreheads together. "I'm fine Sirius. Promise ! I'm not possessed."

Sirius pulls away. "That's what a possessed person would say. Remus, I heard you talking . I mean you can't possibly talk to.."

He eyes the toilet bowl. "...Mr. Bowl there."

Remus breaks into another laugh. "No, I wasn't having an intimate heart to heart with Mr. Bowl."

The worried tone returns to Sirius' voice. The hand (with the fucking ring !) that was resting on his shoulder moves to his cheek. Sirius searches his face again of any bad sign.