24. Teddy and Ophelia

It was a late night movie date in the living room. Remus and sirius is watching a muggle drama movie from korae ("its korea sirius stop making things up")
Sirius is crying because of the sad romance scene going on. Remus just sighing and patting his back reassuringly. Sirius stuffed his mouth with popcorn and cried some more. Late night movie dates turned into a tradition every friday, after going back from work. They'd sit in the blue couch and summon some popcorn and watch a random movie. They painted all the DVD cases black so they (ehem cough sirius cough ehem ehem) wont be choosy.

When the scene ended and the movie went on sirius leaned on remus. The werewolf looked down and saw sirius in deep thought, he never seen sirius so well...ummm serious. "Whats in your mind siri ? Got something to tell ?" Remus said. Sirius gave an empty stare to the TV and said "remmy today at the ministry i saw lots of muggle borns being hauled around because their stupid parents dont want them. I asked dora where are they taking them and she said theyll be kept until someone wants to adopt a child. And remus i know its surprising but i kinda want to adopt little humans. I had a horrible childhood and i dont want other children having bad childhoods too... what do you think ?"
Remus looked down and saw sirius' eyes looking back at him. "Of course siri how about tommorow we go to the ministy and adopt 2 little humans. So if one gets corrupted by you, we have 1 last hope one the other. How bout dat ?" Remus never saw sirius smile so widely and he threw his hands over remus and gave him a shower of kisses. "Thank you moony"

"Remus how about we put a pink bed over here and the blue here. Then if they dont like the colours we could just change it with magic. I made the lights work and at night when they cant sleep, theyd see prongs, padfoot, wormtail and moony prancing around the room with MY constellation every where" sirius said standing at the newly decorated room in their house. "Okay siri now lets go to the ministry before noon cmon" remus said pulling sirius to the fire place.

"Hey dora can i  go adopt little humans ?" Sirius started at his cousin. "Oh sureee siri cmon ill bring you to the kids room." She lead them to the room with colourful walls filled with childrens drawings. The crayon drawing are jumping around the room and small children holding the crayons smiled at their drawings while chasing them. "Siri these kids got thrown out because muggle parents think that theyre bad luck so if you talk to them please be nice." Tonks added to them quietly

The couple spent hours with the children looking over each and every child hoping one of them like them back. Sirius didnt want to pick out a kid and bring it home,he wanted the kids to pick him so the children wont feel pushed around. There is this kid with yellow hair whose playing with remus. They drew on the walls together. "Teddy wemus siwi" the little boy tugged on remus. "Well we got one for sure remmy try telling him that he'll be staying with us" sirius whispered. "Teddy stay with wemus siwi stay with teddy teddy dont want to be alone" teddy said hugging sirius' legs. "Alright you will stay with us how about you go to the ice cream shop with remus ill catch up ? How bout dat ?" Sirius said kneeling infront of teddy  who started jumping around and holding remus' hand, urging him to go. "If you say so dont do anything stupid siri" remus said walking out. "I will take care of the papers" sirius called out. The truth was he isnt going to get teddy's papers, he was going to this girl who was alone in the room. She sat to the wall and drawing bears and cats. He walked over to the girl and sat beside her. "Hey whatcha doing ?" Sirius said trying to be friendly. "Drawing, i like drawing. My parents dont like my drawings they said its weird and ugly. But im Ophelia Astrea Dolkins or i used to be a Dolkins until mum left me in a bus stop." Ophelia said with a hint of sadness. Sirius was surprised he thought his childhood was bad enough, and now he is looking at a 5 year old girl who was thrown out and been called ugly. "Hey ophelia,im sirius. And i think your drawings are better than mine. I like your bear." Sirius said while drawing next to her. "Thank you sirius i wish i could have a brother or atleast a friend." Sirius looked at her with pity but soon changed the topic to animals and she surprisingly knew lots about greek mythology and constellations. They talked for what seem like hours.

" I dont want to stay here. The other kids say that im weird because my hair is so long." She said pointing to her long black haired braid. She put feathers in between the braids. Colourful feathers which made her brown skin pop. "You know what. i love your feathers and i think you can make my hair too with feathers. And how about we go out and get ice cream. Then youll stay with me and remus and teddy ?" Sirius suggested carefully. "SURE i want to go and stay with you and remus and teddy. I want to have a family. I want to eat ice cream with you. !!!" The little girl grinned widely and hugged sirius who picked her up and walked out the room.

A week and a half later, the papers for ophelia and teddy are legal. They loved the room remus and sirius made for them. Teddy managed to change his hair brown (like remus) and he changed his dinosaur t-shirt to a mini leater aviator jacket sirius bought him. Ophelia loves sirius' motor bike and begged him to ride the motor bike around the park with her. Ophelia loved teddy. She made a scarf for him with patterns so intricate, sirius gave up knitting ("thats it lia i cant keep up with you" sirius said throwing his hands in the air while the girl laughed.)

After tucking the children in, sirius stood by the door watching with a small smile etched upon his face. "I love them. I love them so much moony" sirius whispered as remus hugged sirius from behind. "Cmon siri lets go to bed so tommorow we can wake up early enough to bring them to the muggle water park." "Right lets go. Thanks remus for being here with me and teddy and ophelia.  i love them and you" "love them and you too".

In the dark, ophelia smiled (while teddy snored like a pig)