94. The Aftershow Party

The ride in the cars back to the hotel was filled with an exciting buzzing that didn't seem to calm down; it had been amazing to witness the guys win every award they'd been put up for and even better when they performed as true winners. You'd been in the car with the vocal line, Jin constantly making everyone smile and laugh to add to the happy atmosphere.

You'd not sat next to Jungkook but instead, behind him and you'd not failed to notice how many times he'd turned his head to give a subtle glance at you, it causing your heart to flutter like mad and break the eye contact with a blush.

"Guys let's move, party time!" Beom calls out as you all clamber out of the cars at the hotel, no time for any changing or anything but the guys had changed back into their suits after their performance and they'd had their hair dried from sweat with a hairdryer and their make up and hair touched up.

Jungkook looks just as good as he did at the start of the day!

He looks good anytime!

Your heart skipping a beat more than once or twice every single time you take a sneaky glance towards him and your heart nearly stops completely when you glance over and find him already staring right at you!

Inside the private room it's already full, it looks like because BTS were the closing artist of the awards show then you're all the last to arrive at the party; then again what do they say, 'arrive last, make an impression'

The room is thronging with noise and buzz of all the other artists who had accepted their invitations to the after show party; you watched carefully as most of them were quickly downing drinks and grabbing at champagne glasses as waiters and waitresses moved around with silver trays of drinks. Beom had already given you a heads up about this; that the guys were essentially allowed to mingle with everyone in the room but with caution and they could drink but not make a show of themselves with it and that you and himself would be continually on the 'look out' you'd giggled quietly but agreed with him.

You watch as each one of them goes forward with a smile grabbing at a champagne glass of bubbling delight and heading in the midst of the room, they mostly stayed together but your eyes followed someone in particular and noticed instantly that he in fact, didn't follow the rest of them; curiosity getting the better of you, you snatched up your own champagne glass from the waiter that passed by and shifted to the side eyeing where Jungkook had gone. It didn't take long before you saw him, plopped down into a chair leaning on the table in front of him with his chin on his hand, staring downwards into his drink of champagne.

You quickly start to drift across the room, making your way through the crowds of idols and bands chatting amongst themselves, drinking and having fun, you take a glance around the whole room to try and eye Beom or the others and you catch sight of them in an opposite corner laughing, minus Jimin and Taehyung who were winding up some young idol band who seem new to the scene.

"Hey" You smile, whispering quietly as you sit down next to Jungkook at the table causing him to suddenly look up; his eyes go from empty to full of heat in seconds, as if upon realising it's you he seems happy again.

"What's up?" You knock his elbow with your own and he smiles.

"Not much" Jungkook shrugs his shoulders but you know something's not right.

"Stop lying..."

You stare at each other for a minute, silence, as if just the two of you exist in the room and you so badly want to lean in, to close the gap and kiss him.

But you don't!

You can't!

"I..." he leans a little closer to you so you can hear him properly, "...I miss you, I want to I dunno, dance with, kiss you... here we can't... can't do anything" you stare at him as he slumps further into the chair.