||• 𝟚𝟛. 𝚃𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚃𝚘 𝙼𝚎 •||

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━

You've stayed away from them, for as long as you've been in this studio since you left Jungkook's dressing room you haven't seen them.

You can't see them.

See Jungkook!

But it's funny how life plays stupid games; "Y/N?"

"Huh?" You snap your head up seeing Sung Jin at the door to the office style room you'd shut yourself in.

"Sorry to disturb you but, I need your assistance... Jungkook is... I don't know.. he seems to be nervous or, he's off, I think it's because he feels like he messed up yesterday and I think you're the best person to sort this."

Sung Jin just glares at you waiting for you to respond and for a moment you find yourself just blinking.

"Sir, I don't know... maybe Beom should have a word I mean... obviously I didn't get through to him as much as we thought" you try your hardest not to stutter but your thoughts are swirling.

Obviously Jungkook now looks worse because you've been a total bitch before but what else could you have done?

"No, don't give up on him and I am not giving up on you! Y/N you're a lot better assistant than you give yourself credit for, go speak to him please, he's in his dressing room." Sung Jin nods respectfully at you and leaves the room, leaving you no option than to go and see Jungkook.

You knock lightly on his dressing room door and take a deep breath with a long hard blink; "Jungkook? Can I..." as you shove the door open you see Jimin sat on the chair opposite Jungkook, "... oh sorry, I just..." Jimin is staring at you and Jungkook turns his chair around and doesn't look at you.

Never looks at you.

You don't blame him.

Not really.

"...sorry, Sung Jin sent me to talk to you? He says you seem nervous? About the performance maybe?" You sway on your feet, nervous yourself, just inside the doorway while you feel Jimin's eyes piercing your soul.

And Jungkook's ignoring you.

".. I'll go..." Jimin stands but he doesn't get very far before you stop him, "no, no you can stay, Jimin sit down it's fine, I was only... are you okay Jungkook?" You keep your voice as professional as it's going to get and hope your cheeks are not blushing beetroot red.

When Jungkook ignores your question entirely though you want the ground to swallow you; "he's.. I think he's overthinking" Jimin throws you a small sort of sympathetic smile.

"Okay so..." you're cut off before you can say a single thing more.

"Guys! I am actually here! Like right here in the same room as you both!" Jungkook snaps.

But then you can't stand his attitude, the way he's basically had a go at Jimin for nothing, it should be you he's annoyed at; "Maybe if you'd have answered me instead of ignoring me!" You snap back, equally as annoyed and Jimin looks shy and awkward, like he's stuck in the middle of something he shouldn't be.

"I'm... I'll let you two talk.." Jimin heads towards the door past you and you're annoyed, not at Jimin, you feel sorry for Jimin; "Jimin, sorry.." you smile softly touching his arm empathetically as he passes and Jimin just looks at you with soft eyes and leaves.

"What?" Jungkook shouts over his shoulder without looking at you.

"What what? What's wrong with you?"

Jungkook sighs, "pfft! What's wrong with me? I don't know what's wrong with me? Nothing! Anyway, what's the point we all already know I'll screw up the performance or pass out or.. look, whatever, I... sorry just leave me alone and I'll be fine" Jungkook throws his phone down onto the counter in front of him with a thud.

You can't quite believe he's being like that, why is he so sour? You wasn't that bad before surely.

"No I won't leave, you're just panicking and Jungkook I'm sorry, talk to me.." you wander over and stand behind him but he still hadn't looked at you yet.

You sigh.

Jungkook slowly lifts his gaze to the mirror in front of him and looks at you through the reflection; "sorry for what? You haven't done anything have you?" His voice stings.

And it hurts.

"Jungkook?"

He spins the chair round that he's sat in and looks at you, "talk to me" you say again but softer looking at him with soft eyes, any trace of your previous coldness long gone.

"I fucked up.."

You see his eyes change, they look sort of sad.

"How? Why?"

"Passing out, it was pathetic and then I'm still too tired now and I have headache and I'm going to fuck up this performance too.. then.. then..." he looks right at you, "... I made you feel awkward last night and I never meant to, I didn't want to push you away and I have and now you hate me and I hate me..." he shoves a heavy hand through his hair as your heart breaks in your chest.

"You haven't! Don't say that... what... what makes you think you've pushed me away?"

He sighs, "I can tell how you're acting... you hate me, I... I don't blame you for being cold with me... I'm sorry so, I dunno let's just leave it.. go tell Sung Jin I'm fine, whatever, I'll try my best not to fuck it up!"

You go and sit on the arm of the small sofa just across from him, "Kook? Look at me..." you bob your head until his gaze meets yours, "... I don't hate you.. I, I could never hate you and what for? What have you done that would upset me?"

He blushes, "last night.. I... I'm sorry I shouldn't have made you stay I.. I know it was wrong of me.. you're the assistant and that was cr..."

You stop him dead in his tracks; "I wanted to.." your brain working slower than your mouth allowing thoughts to escape that shouldn't.

Shit!

"You did? Does... does that mean..."

You're both interrupted when the door opens without any warning, proving to you how dangerous any sort of secret with him would be.

Jungkook snaps his gaze begrudgingly away from yours and to the door. Your cheeks heat up, Where was that going, it was too close and dangerous.

"Hey guys, sorry I was just gunna see if JK was ready for mic testing?" Namjoon beams a thousand watt smile at you both.

"Yeah, we're nearly done here, I won't be a minute Joon" Jungkook answers and you stand up as Namjoon leaves the room.

"You're not a failure! And today you'll be perfect, don't over work yourself, don't, don't push too hard! I don't wanna be picking you up off the floor of backstage again, but enjoy it! You point a finger at him and he giggles a little, "I promise"

"You promised me something before but you didn't keep it! I'm warning you Kook" you open your eyes really wide and then laugh, "have a good time out there, last performance in L.A enjoy it, catch you later" you smile and then before you know it Jungkook steps forward and encompasses you in his arms, hugging you tight and you want to melt and you hate yourself again, this is so wrong.

The feelings are wrong.

"Thank you, see you later" he says as he lets go and you make a dash exit from his dressing room.

How to survive tonight?