||• 𝟙𝟙. 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐? •||

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

The days after you'd stayed behind and had coffee with Jungkook after food in their apartment, and then gone on home and sent him a text saying you were home safe, had just passed you by. Where you thought it was going to be awkward, but actually, it turned out okay; Jungkook didn't treat you any differently the next morning, he said hello and welcomed you into the dance studio as he normally would, so did the rest of them, including Jimin when it was a bit strange with him too after he caught you in some sort of weird staring contest with Jungkook. Jungkook never even mentioned the text you sent him when you got home and he never mentioned messaging you back; you're grateful nothing has come of it and don't want to find yourself in any situation like it again, it won't happen again you say to yourself. So you're also grateful that Jungkook must've forgotten about when you made a deal that after your first pay cheque you'd all go out for food and drinks, you definitely will not be bringing it up anytime soon, but of course one day you'll treat them all to a night out, they all do deserve it after all.

Even though you see the guys every day, helping out getting them from dance practice to audio tech or a photoshoot, the last few day's have been quiet and you haven't seen much of them apart from when you've needed to for work; you've spent most of your days catching up with paperwork that needed doing and filing only popping in and out of what the band were doing. They had some downtime although it's not really downtime when they are still training and getting ready for the upcoming overseas trip, you can tell there's stress floating in the air but there's also excitement buzzing around.

"Y/N?" You snap your head up from the desk you're sat at in one of the glass walled offices upon hearing Jimin call you, "yeah? Is everything okay?" You take a look at his face and it looks concerned about something, but what? Oh my god please don't let him be coming to question you about what he interrupted the night you were having coffee with Jungkook, although there was nothing for him to interrupt, nothing was happening. Right? "Come in Jimin, what is it?" Jimin wanders in the office closing the door behind him and you watch nervously as he takes a seat in the chair across the desk from you; "I'm worried about Jungkook" he mumbles and it sets alarm bombs off in your head, oh my god this is it, he's going to tell you that he thinks you fancy Jungkook and that it'll ruin his career and your brain is in overdrive.

"You've got to have noticed you haven't seen him much?" Jimin says quietly and just sits looking at you, come to think of it, you haven't seen as much of Jungkook as you have the others even though you haven't seen as much of them all, Jungkook has been more absent than before; "well.. I..." you stutter but Jimin just waves his hand in the air, "he's been over working himself, he's in the gym constantly, he practices too much" so is this where he's been? You suddenly think back to that previous night, the night you thought Jimin would bring up but you're now thinking of it for another reason; he was too hard on himself then too but you thought you'd got through to him, obviously not. "But.. I thought I'd helped that night.." you trail off wandering your thoughts back in time, "no, well, something you need to learn Y/N, I know you're closer to him now, I, I think you can help break the cycle but, Jungkook is never satisfied with himself and his performances and he never thinks he prepared enough for anything, I used to be like that but I learnt to let it go a little" Jimin gives you a small smile and it breaks your heart, but it also scares you that he's mentioned you're closer to Jungkook, but you chose for now, to ignore it. "But what am I supposed to do Jimin?" He sits up straight and looks at you, "go stop him, please, he.. I think he'll listen to you" and Jimin just gets up with a smile and leaves you pondering on your thoughts.

The pondering didn't last too long as you couldn't stand the thought any longer that somewhere in this building, either the practice studio or the gym, Jungkook was working away far too hard and overworking won't help anyone. Plus, you already know of how Jimin usually takes care of Jungkook when he's disappointed with himself and if Jimin knows Jungkook is over working himself now, then this has happened before, so now, as a good assistant you're going to go and find him and put an end to it, and of course it's because you've missed seeing him these last few days but you're not going to admit that, ever!

You've checked the practice room he's not in there, all the rest of the guys were hanging around chatting together in a room where they usually film live-streams for the fans but of course Jungkook wasn't present, with a nod from Jimin you left the room again and walked on to the last place to check and the most obvious place and even though you wanted to see him, you actually hoped when you made it to the gym that maybe he wouldn't be there, you were wrong, he was most definitely in the gym.

You shove the door open slowly and watch as he works away doing god knows how many crunches on the floor, his back to you so he doesn't see you enter; instead of making your presence known immediately you thought maybe it would be okay to watch just for a few seconds, the fact that he looks hot while he's working out shouldn't cross your mind and it most certainly shouldn't be crossing your mind when what he's actually doing is overworking himself. You stand leaning on the door frame after shutting the door quietly behind you and cross your arms watching, waiting; he moves on from the crunches and starts some squats, squats which oh my god you wish he wasn't doing right now because his thighs and his, stop, you're the assistant you've come here to help. He still hasn't noticed you five minutes in and he's soaked in sweat and still has no sign of slowing, you wonder whether you should cough so he'd hear you but then all of sudden he spins around ready to start another exercise and his eyes widen so much it looks like they're on storks; "I wondered when you'd notice" you smile not moving from your position at the door. "What are you doing here?" He asks blank faced and catching his breath, "could ask you the same question Jungkook, how long you been in here?" He starts fanning himself with his damp tshirt and you're beginning to wonder why you've come but then the way Jungkook's breath is laboured in front of you it makes you come back to reality. "I.. I'm just working out"

You finally move from where you were stood at the door and move closer to him, "well how about you stop now, I'm sure you don't need to have worked out quite this much for a performance, come on, take a break with me?" You say it questionably but want him to take it as an instruction, when he doesn't answer, "JUNGKOOK!" he looks up at you and shakes his head, no, "I'm just going to finish the workout then I'll be with you" you can't believe what you're hearing and now you kind of really regret not noticing before that you hadn't seen him around as much, "but..." you stutter watching him move across the gym and sit down on a mat, he's starting another round of sit ups and crunches; "Jungkook?" he ignores you and you're wracking your brain thinking of your next move. You take a glance round looking at the gym door and when you see no one is behind it you make a move that you might be regretting forever later but you do it anyway. Walking over to him and standing above him waiting for Jungkook to stop and look up at you but he never does so you bend down in front of him and grab his feet but when he doesn't react you move to the side of him and lean over his body while he's laid down and rest your weight on your arm over the other side of his body, caging him to the floor, "what the.." he sits up slightly looking at you with a confused face, "if you're not going to stop, I'll have to make you stop" you glare at him and he pulls himself away from you a little more and sits up, so you're now both sat on the floor close to each other and you're just looking at him. "So, are you stopping?" He sighs and then shoves his sweaty hair from his face, "I've only been working out, I do it all the time.." you know he's lying, "you're lying, and don't tell me otherwise! You've been overworking and you're very nearly exhausted, how will that help your performances? Jungkook I want to help you, please.." his face looks like it cracks, "fine, okay whatever, so are you leaving now?" It's harsher than you expected and you don't want him to be angry with you, "what?" He stands up and starts grabbing his things, "I said are you leaving now? You haven't been around anyway" oh that's why he's angry, but, you haven't done it deliberately, you choose to shove what this could mean to the back of your mind with every other thought this week, ignorance is bliss right? So, you've been busy, he's, they've all been busy, "Jungkook.." you wander over to him and grab his hand stoping him from shoving the things into his bag, "stop, I haven't been around because we've... is that why you're angry with me?" He sighs and looks at you, "I'm not angry at you I'm sorry, I just wanted to work out and yeah okay you win, I've been working too hard so I'll stop okay?" His face looks some sort of sad, "you don't need to be sorry, hey, why don't we order some food? Have you eaten?" You smile at him and see a slight smile tug on his lips, "I'm starving"