||• 𝟙𝟞. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 •||

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━

Sung Jin gives you a professional head nod and a smile as you walk past his seat up in front of the first class cabin where the smarter seats are, you're following behind Beom and the guys. The stylists and make up artists were following close behind you and one by one you all filed into your seats. Beom was right when he said the plane was lovely and so was Jungkook, he said it was amazing too. You slump down into your seat and it's a little more like an armchair than a plane seat, you have a seat next to yours that remains empty, the whole cabin is big enough that you don't need anyone sat next to each other, although you're quite grateful, maybe no one will notice when you have a mental breakdown when the aeroplane takes off.

You could see the guys all shuffling their carry on bags into the overhead lockers and under their seats; Jungkook spins around looking for you and when you catch his gaze he throws you a sympathetic smile, he knows your nerves are collecting up and growing the closer it is to take off.

You admit take off was horrendous, you held your head in your hands hoping no one else in the cabin saw you and what you were doing, how you were reacting, thankfully you think you got away with it, you don't know how you've already got through two hours of the flight, trying anything to distract yourself, the in flight movie choice only caught your attention for around ten minutes at a time and then your nerves started again and you had to try and calm yourself down; you'd noticed a lot of movement now happening in the cabin, Jimin has been up and moved around every one of the members sharing laughs and showing them things on his phone, eventually he made his way to you, plonking himself down next to you while you sit there dead still, no movement and still have the seatbelt on and fastened.

"Look at this cute video I've found" he shows his phone playing a video of a kitten playing with a ball of wool, You smile watching it, "that's cute" you take a moment to breathe in deep and back out and screw your fingers up into a small fist. "Are you alright Y/N? I saw Jungkook checking on you earlier in the airport, is everything with you two okay?" The question alone is enough to make you even more nervous, why is he asking if things between you and Jungkook are okay? "I... flying's not one of my favourite things Jimin, don't tell everyone though, please.." you give him a small shy smile and he nods, "... Jungkook knew I didn't like.. he guessed when I looked off, there's.. there's nothing wrong between us, why... why did you ask?" Jimin turns in the seat so he's more or less facing you, "I just thought you'd grown like a friendship, I just hoped that you'd not fallen out with him, like maybe you looked off because you'd been arguing or something" Jimin's vague mumbling should be scaring you, it should be making alarm bells scream in your mind but it's not because your nerves of being mid-air come back, although you're grateful Jimin is here, "no I've just.. this.. this flying is freaking me out I'll be okay Jimin I promise... are you looking forward to the performance?" You try and get lost into conversation to help you, it's not helping and you think Jimin can tell with the way he looks at you with a face full of concern. "Yeah I'm excited, are you sure you're going to be okay? Do you need a drink or something I'll get the cabin crew to come and bring you..." you cut him off putting your hand on his momentarily, "no thanks I'm good honestly, go do whatever you were doing I'm alright Jimin thank you" he then puts his hand onto yours and gives it a tiny squeeze, "come over if you need us, yeah.." he let's go of your hand with a smile and gets up leaving you alone in your seat, you're breathing increases and you wish there was anything that could make this flight better, but you don't think there is.

It's not been long since Jimin left you, maybe fifteen minutes and then you see him slide into the seat next to Jungkook, you try so hard not to look over, it's not your place to constantly know what the guys are doing, you just assist when you are asked or they need help or advice with things, but you can't tear your eyes away as you see Jimin tap Jungkook's arm and then try to point inconspicuously over to where you're sat and then immediately Jungkook looks over causing you whip your head away, shifting your gaze off them, it instantly makes your nerves jump even more, everything today is mounting up to be a horror show.

"You're not alright, don't lie to me" you turn your head slowly to see Jungkook sitting down in the seat next to you but he's turned inward so he's facing you; "hey listen to me" he says reaching out for your hand but you pull it away quickly like you've touched a naked flame, screwing your fingers up again into the tightest fists on your lap. Instead of getting annoyed or angry at your reaction Jungkook just simply leans forward and clicks your seatbelt undone, "silly, why do you still have yourself fastened in that tight? No wonder you can't relax" his voice is soft and quiet but it's not helping, "I can't relax but I keep freaking out and the seatbelt made me feel better" you say dragging the belt back over yourself to click it back into the buckle but he stops you, placing his hand over yours, "stop, look at me" but you don't you just stay still, "Y/N.. look at me" eventually you give in and it does instantly make you feel a little better, his face is quite close to you, you can see his eyes sparkling, full of worry, you don't want him to worry for you. But then you feel him pull your hand gently off the seatbelt and you let him place his hand on top of yours, grabbing two fingers and squeezing them in a gesture of care, "please don't be frightened, it's okay, there's nothing to worry about and you've been up here like three hours now and you're definitely still alive" he lets a giggle float on his voice and it makes you smile, "see there you go, it's nice to see you smile, you've looked so poorly for hours"

"I'm sorry.. I didn't want to worry you.. just.. every time I think I'm okay I remind myself that we're up here trapped in here and.." you're breathing increases again and he lets go of your fingers and leaves you, wandering back over to his seat, and you panic, you actually panic that he's not there, how ridiculous of you. But within a few seconds he's back and he sits down in the seat properly this time and throws a blanket over your legs and stretches it out so it covers half of his, he reaches his own hand underneath it and then lifts the blanket so you can see under it; "put your arm down, look at my hand, grab it" you're in utter shock as to what he's telling you to do but then realise why he's covered you with the blanket, 'so no one else can see he's holding your hand' you say to yourself as you grip his hand tight and he entwines his fingers with yours and squeezes your hands together tightly in reassurance, "better?" He asks looking sideways at you, "hum" you nod, yes.

You sit in silence just with the comfort that Jungkook is holding your hand tight, his fingers wrapped around yours; "if you're more relaxed now try and sleep" he says quietly and so you do, you lean your head back onto your seat and close your eyes, it isn't long before you feel Jungkook's hand pull a little on yours and when you look to see what he's doing, he's checking around to see if anyone is watching him, which thankfully they're not, mostly the whole cabin is asleep, but Jimin's lost in a book. "Lean on my shoulder, get some rest" as he talks he touches your head lightly with his free hand and pulls you down softly to rest on his shoulder and for some reason you just allow it but maybe it's because you were in such a state of panic and nerves before it's like nothing else is even occurring to you.

He smells wonderful, his scent so calming and his shoulder so warm and inviting, his hand is still firmly entwined with yours under the blanket and you feel safe, he feels safe. And so you fall asleep.