78. The office

"Jungkook stop it!" You giggle as he tickles your hip at the red light.

How did you get so lucky right now? You got a new job to start a new career, maybe one day to finally get an apartment of your own that you can decorate and enjoy; Jungkook is sat next to you in your passenger seat and just thirty minutes before you'd been kissing water droplets off his toned neck.

"Okay... okay" he smiles sitting back up straight and leaving his hand resting on your thigh.

The rest of the drive to the company building is relatively normal; granted you'd taken a few deep breathes at the way your heart kept skipping a beat when you felt Jungkook give your thigh a small but definitely there squeeze.

Or the way every so often he let his fingertips dance where they rested on your thigh!

"How are we going to play this? Like... when we arrive are we..."

He looks at right at you and cuts you off; "we're going to get out of your car and get in the elevator together and go to work... because you picked me up from Yugyeom's so obviously I've arrived with you?!"

You just glare at him and then smile looking back at the traffic in front.

When you arrive at work it all feels too real again; the private world what you'd both been in since yesterday evening evaporating now you can see other people milling around the car park and heading for the elevator to the building.

Both of you stay silent as you approach and enter the elevator, you're secretly glad that no one else gets in with you; "hey..." Jungkook whispers and moves in front of you running his hand along your cheek, resting it just under you ear on your neck, "... don't miss me too much when I'm in the rehearsal rooms today" he winks and leans in close, his warm breath just hitting your lips for a second before he very lightly grazes his lips on yours.

It's not enough for a kiss so as you lean a little forward he pulls away quickly and leans back against the mirrored elevator wall before the doors ping open on a random floor that isn't yours; you can't help the tiny whimper you let out as he shifts making you miss his lips. When a gentleman who you don't recognise very well enters the lift and stands facing away from you both you glance up sideways at Jungkook and find him biting his lip to suppress a smirk.

But as the ride up to your floor continues he slides along the wall so he's just close enough to grab your little finger and give it a small squeeze.

The gentleman leaves the elevator one floor before yours and as soon as the doors close after he leaves you look at Jungkook again and he just smiles and then looks away; the doors ping for your floor and he drops your hand.

The corridor is actually quite quiet, so you both walk close by each other, Jungkook making sure his arm and hand brush yours every couple of steps; you wander past the small reception and a man popping some paper files on the desk looks up and smiles giving you a small 'morning' as you pass.

"Jungkook?"

You slow and Jungkook turns around taking a small step to the side creating a little gap between you both; "hey"

You turn your head to see who's called him and find Jimin glancing between you and Jungkook.

"Are you coming to the gym?" Jimin asks with a quizzical smile, looking at you again and then back at Jungkook to wait for his answer.

"Just... yeah, give me five?" Jungkook answers and you want to just turn and leave them right here in the corridor and run away to your office, but you stay.

"Yeah course" Jimin smiles and then Jungkook turns and gives you a side glance, "let's go"

"Huh?" You whisper and you see Jungkook hover his hand near your elbow as if he was ready to shove you.