153. You're tired

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━

⚠️⚠️⚠️ [warning: there is mature content in this chapter!]
———————-

Being off work on a Monday is a treat; however, it would be more of a treat if you didn't feel like absolute shit!

Between the no sleep and the constant crying you did all night into the early morning until your body gave up and exhaustion swept in, you feel wrecked! Your mind spins with the love you have in your heart for Jungkook but the hurt that you've caused him, you never ever wanted to hurt him or make him sad and in turn, you've almost ruined him! You could see it in his eyes last time you looked at him.

The sun is only just coming up; you're awake as early as if you were going to work, which usually you'd think would be productive for you, but not today.

You don't want the bowl of cereal you've done for yourself and is now sat staring at you from the little island in your kitchen and you can barely stomach the coffee you've made.

Your phone ringing breaks the loudest silence in your apartment, and drags you from the deep stare you found yourself in; as you glance down at the screen and see Jungkook's name glaring back at you, your heart almost gives way under all the weight.

"Fuck! Don't do this to me Kook... noooo..." you cry at the ringing phone.

You jog around your kitchen in confusion; will he keep ringing, should you answer? Can you answer?

As it keeps ringing  you reach out to it before even thinking, you can't bare it any longer.

The noise you make as you pick up his call should be embarrassing, a little squeak, almost no noise at all, but when you hear him breathe in a relieved type of way, you can't find it within yourself to care about being embarrassed.

"Y/N..." Jungkook whispers, he's so quiet you nearly miss it.

"Kook?"  Your voice cracks; you miss him and you've hurt him and everything is a mess, but you know your heart will always want him.

"Can I come over? Please don't, don't shove me away, I need to see you, I need to know you're okay... I..." his voice stalls and he sighs, "... I hardly slept..."

"Me either..." you whisper back, barely able to believe you've just admitted to him.

I'm so sorry but I don't know what to do!
I hurt you but I can't seem to let you go!

"I couldn't settle after that call I made to you last night and you didn't say anything... your silence... I... and I thought... I don't know what I thought, I, I don't know how to help and..." Jungkook's voice seems so broken and it's killing you.

"Come over... I..."

"I can come?" He says a little louder than any of his other words before.

"Please come over" you whisper.

It doesn't take Jungkook longer than twenty minutes to be banging on your apartment door; you hadn't even considered how he'd get to your place without causing a scene if he walked? Or suspicion if he got a cab? And surely he couldn't have asked the staff? That would cause a riot between everybody, including Sung Jin finding out!

You pull the door open so fast he's only just dragging his hand away, looking startled at you, hiding under a massive bucket hat; "h... how did you get here?" You ask instantly, his eyes widening on seeing you as if he can't believe you're real!

"Can I come in?" Jungkook whispers, before you step to the side and watch as he shyly wanders past you into your apartment.

Closing the door behind you both you turn slowly on your heel and see Jungkook's removed his hat and is now timidly picking at the skin on his thumb, unsure what to do or what to say; "I'm sorry I didn't think about you coming here and..." your breath hitches in your throat when he looks up at you.