56. Pep talk

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━

You spend the rest of the time at the company staying out of the way.

Not going near the dance studio, not going anywhere near the band!

Not going anywhere near Jungkook!

You can't!

You can't see him again, not now.

You are literally ruining your own career right in front of your own god damn eyes because you've got a crush on one of the band members!

Like a silly girl!

Although the thing that scares you more than anything is, you've gone through this with yourself now, a million and one times and you don't even think it's just a crush; you've fallen for him and you should never have allowed it to happen!

"Y/N?" Beom gives a light knock to your office door before he steps inside.

"Can I help?" You give him a small smile.

"I just wanted to ask if you're ready to leave at 5pm? We're traveling in the cars with the guys so that we can all enter the awards show together, help get them past the camera show" Beom gives a giggle and you can't help but smile back.

"Yeah, sure, I'll be there"

5pm comes around all too quickly and you've collected your bag and wandered to the chill out room where you were all meeting before going down to the cars.

As soon as you get there you can hear them all; BTS giggling and chatting with each other, god you don't want to see him, not now.

When you wander into the room your breath is nearly knocked from you as your eyes catch sight of Jungkook in his suit, his hair done beautifully, the fringe swept to one side exposing some of his forehead.

He looks beautiful!

As always!

"Y/N?" Tae says excitedly as he bounces over to you.

"Oh... hey" your voice trapped in your throat as you tear your eyes away painfully from Jungkook.

"You ready to watch us win some awards?" He smiles and you feel instantly happy, Tae's smile is infectious.

"Of course, come on let's go" you shoot back at him with a smile and turn around leaving the room with Tae hanging from your arm; you daren't take another look at Jungkook, how can you?

You have no right when all you do is shove him away.

The car ride is quick and in no time at all you're all at the arena ready to face a wash of media and press that will shout and hound the guys the minute they step foot out of the cars.

It still astounds you and slightly frightens you the way everyone screams their names, the way, people seem obsessed with them wanting to know their whole lives.

You wander closely to the guys as they walk down the red carpet, god you'd do anything to not have your face out in the open, even though for the majority of the time the press do actually blur out the staffs faces, so for that, you're grateful.

"Y/N" you turn slowly and glance at Jungkook who'd whispered your name; he moves closer to you until his hand bumps into your thigh making you look at him again, "you good?" He says so quietly and calmly so the press and crowd can't pick anything up.

You nod your head very slightly and then look away from him again, although Jungkook never leaves your side, staying close by as if protecting you from something? From the press? From the fans? From everything.

The guys had done all their practices and run throughs at the company building, they didn't need a practice run through on stage in the arena that's why they had arrived more or less in time to basically go straight to their seats.

Yourself and Beom are actually sitting in the crowd with the guys, you can't believe the way life is having a laugh with you when you find yourself sat next Jungkook, of course you are!

Thankfully even Jungkook is aware of the amount of cameras in the arena and therefore it's quite understandable when he never looks at you, never touches you, but still you feel cold and now you understand how he feels when you do the same!

Fifteen minutes before their performance they're taken backstage and you follow shyly walking next to Beom as he chats to you casually about what happens next.

You grab some water as Beom goes to check on the guys; you don't even want to think about the fact that they're changing!

No! Nope not even allowing your brain to go there!

You wander towards the food area, to throw away your water bottle and get another one and stall at the doorway as your eyes land on Jungkook again.

He spins at the sound of feet on the floor, "Y/N?" Jungkook just stares at you, and you want to melt under his intense gaze.

"Hey"

He nods and smiles but stays silent.

You take a deep breath and walk towards him realising you're alone in the room; "Kook? I... good luck, have fun out there, you'll smash it" you give him a shy smile and then look away grabbing at a bottle of water from the counter at the side of him; as you reach out he grabs your wrist lightly.

"Tell me what's wrong" his voice is velvety smooth and your heart beat skips.

"Nothing, I... just, stuff... just life, Jungkook, it's..."

"You've been off with me" he looks sad.

Your heart breaks.

"I haven't... I, I promise Jungkook I'm sorry, I don't... how many times can I say sorry?" You are almost pleading with him, your skin burning where his hand is holding your wrist.

"So, what is it then? Is it something at home... I..." he's cut off when Beom wanders through the door and Jungkook drops your wrist and you pray that Beom didn't see.

"JK?"

Jungkook tears his gaze away from yours and then you both in turn look towards Beom still hovering at the door, he looks suspiciously like he knows he interrupted something.

"Yeah?" Jungkook asks him.

"Oh, hi Y/N... I was just... JK are you ready to go, they're moving you all to the stage in 2 minutes"

Jungkook nods his head, yes, "yeah I'm ready..."

"I was just giving him a pep talk, making sure he's not freaking out again" you say with a small smile hoping Beom will believe you.

Jungkook turns his head back to you and searches your eyes for answers with his own.

"Right Jungkook?" You press.

"Right, I just... Beom you know how it is, I'm always hard on myself, Y/N makes sure I don't over do it! I'm good to go!" Jungkook snaps away from you after another short glance and Beom nods his head at you, they both walk away in front and you follow them both shyly towards the stage.