||• 𝟚𝟜. 𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚝 •||

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━

You manage to pretty much avoid all the guys right up until the performance time, busying yourself with anything other than visiting the green room, the dressing rooms, the make up and hair room and definitely not the food room.

You didn't want to be too nice to Jungkook again in case he thinks everything is okay to go back to before and you can't, surely you can't, you've already made that promise with yourself that you are just the assistant!

Assistant!

"Okay guys, good luck, you got this! Smash the last performance!" You hear Beom calling out as the band approaches; you turn and stand ready for them to walk past you to the stage as well.

All the guys nod their head politely as they pass you, you're doing the same in response, but then when you get to Jungkook, he glares right at you and slows not keeping pace with everyone else in front of him; "Y/N do you think I'll be okay? Should I maybe have seen a doctor?" His eyes look panicked and full of fear.

You instinctively step forward and he does the same so that you're closer than before, "Jungkook, it's okay calm down, are you alright?"

All worries you had before about how to treat him gone because he looks worried.

"I dunno?" He answers truthfully, and you don't know whether he looks alright.

No, no he doesn't.

"GUYS 5 MINUTES YOU'RE ON!" a voice shouts from behind you.

You watch as Jungkook's face slips, his expression one that you haven't really seen before; "Kook?" You reach out and touch his arm, not now caring that you didn't want to give him mixed messages, you just need to know he's okay.

He has to be okay.

"Kook look at me, come here, come with me.." you tug on his sleeve and he moves slowly, "we.. I can't I have to go on stage.. I.."

"You go on in five minutes stop wasting more time and move" you say adamantly tugging harder on his sleeve.

"Where you going he needs to be..." Beom stops talking as you glare at him, and cut him off, "Beom, it's okay he'll be back before they go on I promise, let me just sort this!" Beom nods, "okay" he looks worried but he lets you take Jungkook from backstage into a corridor that's quieter.

When you turn around to see Jungkook in the brighter light in the corridor he looks worse than you thought; "Kook..."

He glances at you and gives you a barely there smile but he doesn't look right.

"What's up? Do you not feel well? Do you need a doctor?"

"No... no I just... I feel like I'm going to fail, I'm a bit tired, I feel like I could sleep for days" he sighs.

"That's exhaustion Jungkook! So you need to listen to me in the future when I tell you that you have to stop overworking and calm down.. agreed?"

He nods and stays quiet.

"Jungkook! Look at me" you do something you know you shouldn't, you shouldn't have done it but, you reach out and put a hand softly to his cheek and then he glances at you. "Kook take a deep breath.. are you hot?" You ask moving your hand off his cheek and onto his forehead shifting his hair momentarily out of the way. Normally Jungkook would've made a joke about being hot but not today.

"You're hot, take the jacket off!" You instruct and he looks worriedly at you.

"I can't.. I..."