||•𝟞. 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚝! •||

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

You're stood at the coffee machine watching it pour posh coffee and milk into the cups you've placed there, two at time, ignoring the fact that Jungkook is stood so close to you, you can feel the body heat he's giving off, you can smell his scent wafting as every so often he ruffles his tshirt to stop it sticking to his overly warm body. He hasn't said anything to you since you walked off and he simply trailed behind you; you daren't take a look sideways at him for fear your cheeks will flush red, he looks too good in his practice gear and messy hair.

You both stand there in silence until the last coffee is being poured into the cup and then he breaks the silence, "Y/N?" You blink and take a quiet breath but don't look at him as you hum in response, "are you okay?" his voice is soft and makes you want to melt and just gaze at him, but it's wrong. "Don't start again Jungkook, there's nothing wrong I'm fine" you snap at little harsher than you should have, quickly speaking again, "I'm sorry, I've had a long week, I shouldn't take it out on you, sorry" you dare to take the glance up at him and he gives you a small smile, "wanna talk about it? We can sit down for five if you want" you'd love that, you'd love to go sit down with just Jungkook again, watch him as he chats away to you, have your own little dose of him in secret, but it just fuels a fire that shouldn't be burning and allows you to read signals that aren't really there, are they? "No it's.. I've just been thinking about your performance tomorrow" you say shyly wanting this conversation to change direction, any direction but away from him thinking there's something wrong. "Isn't that our job to worry about the performance?" you place the coffees into the holder and shove one of the holders his way, taking a small sip of your own coffee before putting into the holder and picking it up, "no, I mean.. I'm worried because it's the first live tv performance you guys have done since I've been your assistant, that's all, don't worry about me, come on let's get back, the coffee will be cold before the others get them." You give him a smile and he smiles back without saying anything and you both walk out the cafeteria and back to the elevator lobby waiting for it's arrival.

The ride up in the elevator feels stuffy to you, like oxygen has been sapped away and there's not much left to breathe with; "would you tell me if there's something wrong?" He breaks the silence again and glares at you just before the elevator reaches your floor, "yeah, sure" you say stepping out with him following you close behind. You both wander back into the dance practice studio and all the guys jump up apart from Jimin, he hangs back and waits until there's only one coffee cup left in the holder you have, he wanders over your way and you just smile, "your coffee Jimin" you say sweetly as you shove out the cup holder and he takes the coffee, "thanks" but he stays there in front of you and then glances around at the others sipping their drinks, Jungkook is sat on the floor too at the side of Yoongi, his head tucked into his phone, his facial expression blank and unreadable. "Y/N? Everything okay?" Jimin asks with a shy smile wondering whether he's overstepping a mark he shouldn't cross maybe; "yeah I'm fine, god, not you as well" you sigh and take another drink of your coffee, allowing the caffeine to work into your blood, give you the required buzz you obviously need. "What do you mean, me as well?" Jimin asks a look of confusion passing over his features, oh god you shouldn't have said anything. "Just... nothing go enjoy your drink before you have to practice again" you say mid sigh waving you hand in the air practically swatting him away to go sit with the others. "What did Jungkook want to talk to you about?" His question seems out of the blue makes your eyes widen and a look of panic spread across your face, "what?" There's no other way for you to respond, "Jungkook? When he went with you to get the coffees..." Jimin's looking at you questionably waiting for you to give him an answer he wants to hear but you don't think you have one to give. "He didn't talk to me about anything, we went to get coffee, he helped me carry them back up" the look Jimin gives you puts you on edge, like he hasn't believed one word but when he shrugs his shoulders and walks away you're grateful he's let it drop. Wandering over to the dance teacher you smile at him, "I'm just going to get some air, start again in fifteen with them, yeah?" Just before you turn to leave the studio you sneak a glance the guys way and instantly regret it as you see Jungkook eyeing you as you leave the room, turning your head quickly in the direction you're going and scrunch your eyes tight shut, shit! You really need to go get some fresh air.

The city below looks busy as always, the hustle and bustle that's going on, rushing by, it makes you wonder where people are going, what they do in their day. You take a deep breath pressing the palm of your hands into your eyes careful though not to destroy your eye make up, you can feel a tension behind your eyes, is it the situation that keeps surrounding you or is it literally the pressure of the band's first live performance tomorrow with you in tow or is it everything? Leaning against the railing on the roof top garden taking the last few sips of your coffee you take a moment to just belong in this silent moment alone, but it's not long before it's broken. You sigh rolling your eyes as you turn around ready to see the door being shoved open, waiting for Sung Jin to come and give you more paperwork that needs sorting by tomorrow morning before the performance, but the reality of who it is causes you more pressure than what any paperwork from Sung Jin would do; Jungkook looks at you with a look of apology and you have to say you're confused. Plus, why is here when in about five minutes time the dance teacher was putting them through the performance practice again.

"What's up?" You says blank as possible and not wanting to give away any emotion, "I was worried about you" he says quietly and the way he says it makes your heart skip a beat and it should be illegal. "Why?" He looks at you and steps closer, you watch as he comes and leans on the railing next to you but not looking directly at you, "because you just left, I wondered where you'd gone, are you really okay? Because this.." he waves his hand around you and the roof top garden, ".. this doesn't look like you're a hundred percent okay" when you don't answer for a minute letting a silence settle around you he puts his hand gently on your shoulder, "Y/N it's okay not to be okay you know" the way he talks makes you want to cry, why is he so caring? What even is this? "Thanks, but, I'm okay Jungkook I just... I needed some air, gets a bit stuffy in the studio right? Anyway, you should get back, I told the teacher to do another run through in..." you check your watch then look at him, ".. two minutes" he smiles at you and the smile has a giggle behind it, "it's alright, I told them I felt a bit sick, needed some air" You turn to him instantly and glare at him in concern, "do you feel sick, are okay?" He just shakes his head and smiles, "shut up I fine, I wanted to make sure you were alright" you feel stupid and sigh moving back from him and leaning onto the rails again, "well I'm fine so get your ass back in there! I mean it Jungkook, go!" When he doesn't move you take to shoving at him lightly and playfully until he shifts and gives you a glare, but there's no menace behind it, his features too soft, "are you coming back in?" You want to smile and say yes I'll walk in with you because in your heart that's what you want to do, but instead you opt for another option. "Yeah, you go I'll be back in five" there's a slight smile to the corner of your lips and he gives you a face full of something like sympathy, "you promise?" you give the tiniest giggle, god this guy, "yes I promise, go" you point at the door and give him a stern look and he eventually gives in and turns on his heel and leaves you alone on the roof top to drown in more thoughts than before. Shit! You really have to get this crap out of your head, he's not hot when he's in dance practice and his hair's all messed up and his tops all sweaty and he's not sweet and cute when he checks on you! He's an idol in the band you help look after. He's nothing!

Or so you try to convince yourself anyway.