69. What follows

That night of the first kiss, after you'd got home, you were sure as hell certain that you'd not sleep from the replay of memories from the previous few hours but in fact, you'd taken your make up off and showered, climbed into bed and slept like a log. The next morning didn't surprise you with any feelings of dread or horror, the thought of work on Monday didn't freak you out as much as you thought.

By the time Monday rolled around you felt ready for what the world was about to throw at you; somewhere deep down, secretly you'd imagined Jungkook was going to text you at some point over the weekend after the goings on at the restaurant but, a text never came.

There was slight disappointment sat in your heart.

You stood next to the reception desk on your floor in the company building talking to Lara the receptionist with bob hair cut from the day you came to interview for the assistant job; she was filling you in about her weekend and how she'd got blind drunk at a party of her friend's and ended up having a one night stand with this guy she really doesn't know and you were cringing for her but she didn't seem to mind, when you first met her she seemed like this would never have been her personality, but now as time's gone on you've learnt more about her even though you wouldn't class yourselves as friends, it's more like work colleagues. What you wasn't expecting to see was all the BTS members wander down the corridor past the reception desk with Beom shuffling them along, you could've sworn they weren't due in until later. You watch as you see Jungkook lurking at the back, walking as slow as he could looking more than disinterested in being there; you catch his eye just as he passes and send him a shy smile but he doesn't return it and your heart drops, he instead puts his head down and marches past catching up with the rest of them.

"I... sorry I have to go Lara, I'll... I'll catch you later..." you say quickly as you follow BTS or should you say, Jungkook down the corridor, but as you make it to your office door and they keep walking you can't really follow them, "... Jungko..." you mumble in an almost whisper but give up, he's never looked around once to even see if maybe you were following and he didn't acknowledge you before.

Your heart almost breaks and you slump off into your office closing the door behind you. Your office feels lonely, so does the world right now, because Friday night you almost had the world, now, well now you don't know what's going on or what follows Friday night?

You could've been almost sure when Jungkook got out of the cab on Friday night and said goodnight to you that just nearly all the tension and awkwardness between you and Jungkook had dissipated enough for things to maybe go back to some sort of normality, obviously it will never be truly normal again seeing as you'd kissed and now you don't know where you stand with him because, does he like you? Did he like you? Was it a mistake? No it can't have been he basically held your hand in the cab after it all?

You're confused!

Monday is taking its toll and now he's virtually ignoring you, life is just one joke after another, it's a shame the jokes aren't funny in the slightest!

Your thoughts are disturbed when there's a knock at your office door, snapping your head up so fast it could fall off to see if it's Jungkook, you're extremely disappointed to find Beom shoving the door open.

"Hi Beom everything okay?" You swallow down the lump in your throat that had been bubbling up and threatening to spill out since you'd walked into your office, only hoping Beom doesn't notice anything.

"Oh Y/N, hi, I was wondering if you, okay, basically Sung Jin thinks we might need a different approach for the guys photo shoot coming up and he erh, well he sort of suggested you... and I agreed, well, now that you're closer to them and they get along with you well, I wanted to ask you to come and sit in on the talk with the editor and write down some notes for me and the guys and... well, I want you to throw in some ideas, if you have any" he's stumbling over his words like he's unsure of them himself.

"You want me to what?" Your mind goes blank at the thought of having to sit in a room with Beom and an editor for a magazine and BTS and well, Jungkook!

Jungkook!

"Please Y/N you'd be doing me a massive favour plus, okay, there was a slight lie in there... the woman who is part of design for the magazine shoot is ill and hasn't arrived so we thought"

"Oh no you didn't! No, Beom I can't how can I help, I can take notes yes that's fine but I... I can't give ideas I don't know anything about shoots"

Beom smiles at you, "come on, come take notes with me and then, just if there's anything that you think would work, well, just throw in the idea."

You sigh and stand up from your chair grabbing at your pen and notebook; "fine, fine let's just go get this over with!"

Everything seems fine, well, as fine as it can be until Beom shoves the door open to the photo studio room where all the guys and a magazine editor are sat in a circle with two empty seats waiting presumably for yourself and Beom; it's fine until when you enter the room with Beom and they all turn around, all their eyes meet yours quickly and then they smile going back to listening to the editor talk about the magazine. Everything was fine until you noticed that all of them had met their eyes with yours, all of them smiled quickly, all of them apart from Jungkook!

What's wrong with him? Is he okay? What's going on between you two now?

"Take a seat Y/N we're just going to start discussing the shoot ideas, please can you take some notes?" Beom smiles gesturing towards the chair that happens to be across from Jungkook, brilliant!

You sit down awkwardly crossing one leg over the other and fiddling with the hem of your blouse noting there's a tiny thread of loose cotton; you dare to take a look up as Beom sits down and after seeing Jimin give you a rather awkward looking glance you open your notebook and have your pen at the ready as the editor of the magazine starts talking again.

You've taken some notes, you're listening, oh you're listening and god you're hoping that you don't have to be assisting in anything to do with the photo shoot when it happens because the skimpy, translucent clothing he keeps mentioning for them to wear during the shoot is making you want to squirm in your seat, because the thought of seeing Jungkook in a virtually see through shirt is enough to make you convulse.

When you take another look at Jungkook hoping to catch his eye and maybe this time get a smile or something, you don't; you do catch his eye but you don't get a smile. Not even a trace of one!

Nothing even gets easier when the meeting is over and the guys are going into an exercise class and you're going back to your office to help out with some paper work for the upcoming tour; Jungkook is trudging down the corridor alone just as you step to the door of your office to go and get coffee, you think maybe fate is working in your favour, that is until you speak to him.

"Hey" You whisper as he sees you but he doesn't seem to stop walking as he passes you, you quickly rush out and follow him until you're walking side by side with him.

"Jungkook?" You reach out to touch his arm but he moves it away and then stops walking looking at you but not really at you, more, through you.

"Oh hi" he mumbles as if he'd not recognised you before.

"Are you okay?" You ask needing reassurance from him after all his strange behaviour, maybe he's ill?

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine" Jungkook makes a move to walk away then suddenly sighs and looks back at you, while you just stand there feeling defeated.

"... what about you? You okay?" He asks and as you look up at him it's the first time you see his eyes flicker and change to a softer look.

"Yeah I'm... I'm... things are okay I guess" you smile shyly at him with a hint of sadness and he nods his head.

"Would you... I mean... I'm going to get coffee, you wanna come?" You ask him but you're fairly certain you already know his answer.

"I... I've gotta go" he says and you just smile and nod a yes at him and watch as he wanders off slowly towards the studio while you walk away to get coffee, alone!