152. Whiskey Burn

Monday back at work is like hell; still feeling hungover and shitty after the weekend on the drink is making sure you feel all its after effects! But the week progresses on slowly and day by day you just feel even more shit, but at yourself, for allowing yourself to even think like you have been doing!

You'd not seen much of Jungkook; the guys had been busy getting ready for a magazine shoot. The day you did spend some time alone with him on Wednesday, he'd hugged you tight and kissed you softly in your office and although it made your heart skip a beat, it made you feel even worse. How can this beautiful man not live a life he loves? He was before you came in and bulldozered your way through it, and even though you try to understand, you love him, he loves you, all the implications of the truth getting out still frightens you for his sake.

For the band's sake!

"Y/N?!?! You look hot!" Jinsoo calls out  with a giggle as you pull open the cab door ready to head out to the club with her. Friday night was time to let your hair down, even though you'd spent the previous weekend out too.

"Shut up Jinsoo..." you blush as the cab driver cranes his neck around to take a glance at you.

"We haven't done this for so long, I'm excited" she preens with a huge smile on her face.

"Huh? Me too" you fake a smile and swallow down the lump in your throat.

Jungkook's at home; you know he wasn't going anywhere this weekend, not even hanging out with Yugyeom. You wanted to spend time with him, but he's still never been back to your apartment since everything that happened and you hadn't invited him so he was respecting your wishes at keeping it low key.

You miss him, as always! But you did all this to him! You still can't think of him and not see the way he was hurting after everything.

"Let's get drunk!" Jinsoo giggles dragging you from the cab and into the club where the music was already blaring and deafeningly loud; maybe it could help drown out those thoughts again? If the sound couldn't the drink could.

-

"Kook?" Jimin's voice was quiet as he rounded the living room and headed to where Jungkook was staring into a cupboard in the kitchen, wondering what noodles he could do for himself.

"Yeah?"

"I... I was wondering how things are with you and Y/N? I don't see her about as much and..." Jimin's voice trailed off quietly as he watches Jungkook drag a packet of noodles from the furthest cupboard and then grab a saucepan.

"Yeah we're... it's okay. It's weird, we're trying to you know, be okay with it all and keep a safe distance because she freaks out about anyone finding out after all that shit about us all, about the band dating in the media, but... it's just like we're all the way back at the beginning again" Jungkook sighs with a little shrug of his shoulders before dumping the noodles in the pan with some cold water, getting them on the heat.

"You went to your brothers last weekend right?" Jimin quizzes; his chin resting on his hands as he leans on the counter watching Jungkook at work.

"Hum yeah"

"Y/N... she, she didn't go with you?" He stutters as Jungkook looks up and right at him, shaking his head.

"Nope... I, I needed to just get away from things and talk to my brother... about, things, you know... She said she was hanging out with her friend anyway so..."

"She got absolutely plastered Kook..." Jimin's face looks terrified and unsure as he glares at his best friend.

The pan in front of Jungkook, full of noodles bubbles up like mad spilling onto the hob before Jungkook jumps shifting the pan off quickly and wiping away the spill; "she what?" He asks confused, before putting his noodles back onto the heat.