148. Christmas Calls

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━

"Jungkook?!" Namjoon calls across the living room hoping Jungkook can hear him down the corridor.

Jungkook can hear him, he doesn't want to talk about it!

"Jungkook!" Namjoon tries again, and Jungkook turns slowly, sauntering back down the corridor towards the person calling his name.

"Yep Joon, what is it?"

"I'm not going to ask you if everything's okay because clearly it's not, but I am not invading in something you don't want to talk about, so instead I'll ask, are you going home for the Christmas break?" Namjoon stares at his friend.

Jungkook stares blankly for a moment; "nope! Not going anywhere..." he shrugs his shoulders, completely ignoring the fact that Namjoon had just brought up the fact that he isn't okay!

"But you're not spending Christmas alone Kook? Don't your parents want you to go home?"

Jungkook thinks back to the precise minute that his mum called on Sunday morning after he'd spent most of the previous night crying and then sleeping from exhaustion, telling her he won't be coming home for Christmas because Yurgyeom invited him to his house, it's a lie of course, but no one needs to know that; "no I'll not be alone, going to Yug's and my parents already know thanks for the concern..."

"Don't be sarcastic! I appreciate there's something going on with you, but I don't appreciate you being horrible to the rest of us... you do know I'm here if you ever want to..."

"Namjoon! I get it! Okay fine, look, I'm not being horrible I just..." Jungkook takes a huge sigh, "... I'm sorry..."

"Okay, look just... take care of yourself Kook, all the album promotion will be coming up after Christmas and new year so..." Namjoon steps forward and slaps Jungkook's shoulder in a friendly manner.

"Yeah... Will do..."

-

The drive to your parents house seems a lot longer without Jungkook in your passenger seat! You can't stop, haven't stopped, replaying the conversation you had last Saturday when everything fell apart with him, all because you're too scared to stand up for yourself and for your love for Jungkook!

You're pathetic!

Your mum is standing in the doorway when you pull up onto the drive, her face twisting in confusion and her eyes searching for someone who isn't there; your parents and your sister don't of your break with Jungkook, so it makes sense that your mum looks confused. You don't know how long you'll be able to hold out after the questions you're going to get, without crying.

Everything still feels too raw! You'd still do anything to drive all the way back to Seoul and to the guys shared dorm and to grab Jungkook a kiss him with apologies and let him fuck you into the sheets of his bed!

"Darling, you're here... are... are you alone?"

You blink slamming the car door shut and wandering slowly towards your mum in the doorway.

"I..."

"What's wrong darling? You don't look happy? It's Christmas..."

The tears just spring to your eyes uncontrollably, no warning, just an instant reaction as you imagine Jungkook alone in the dorm; "no mum, I..."

She rushes from the doorway and grabs you in an instant, hugging you tight; "you're home now it's okay... it'll be okay..."

"No, it's not okay... mum, nothing's okay..." you cry into her shoulder.