||• 𝟚. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 •||

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

"Y/N I've popped you a coffee next to your keyboard" Jinsoo smiles, her teeth all on show and looking overly excited for 8:30am in a morning, "thank you" you smile back and continue throwing your things into your locker. So okay, you're running late; it's very rare that you ever run late to anything in your life, always a stickler for arriving early and making sure people know you can be relied upon, however, last night caught you off guard. You'd only been home from work for about an hour, just sitting down to eat noodles and chicken when your phone started ringing, confusing you as to who it could be at that time of the day.

To your utter disbelief it was Sung Jin from your interview earlier in the day, you were pretty sure he was calling you to let you know you hadn't been successful this time around; I mean, why would someone with no previous actual assistant experience get a job with the a massive band just because your manager at your reception job said you're great? You stuttered out a small hello and then went silent listening to Sung Jin tell you about how you'd made such an amazing impression in the interview that he couldn't wait to call and offer you the job role, it was also because he needed you to start as soon as you possibly could seeing as the old assistant had already departed from the company, having a family had taken a tole on her and the hours were just too much. Sung Jin had told you about how they were so glad you wanted a role like this, with you having no family commitments at home it made you perfect for the band, for catering to their every whim, it will be a breeze if you're always handy on the other end of a phone call.

So that's why you're running late this morning because you'd accepted the job role Sung Jin offered and then spent the next five hours of the night thinking and overthinking and panicking and thinking of every tiny thing that could go wrong, if you'd made the right choice for the future, should you have wanted to leave your reception job so easily when you clearly loved your job and the team you worked with? It was all a lot of pressure and mental exhaustion by the time your head hit the pillows at 2am and then when your alarm clock had woken you this morning at 6am ready for the day you'd groaned and turned over failing to put it on snooze, big mistake, you woke up over an hour later in a frenzy of dashing around, showering, dressing, grabbing your things, you opted to buy something from the company cafeteria for lunch because you definitely did not have time to make anything in your haste to leave, and that'll be one of only a very few limited times you've ever used that cafeteria, opting to rarely ever visit it.

"Y/N?" You heard someone call as you turned your head seeing Sunny come through the locker room door, watching you shoving stuff into your locker looking annoyed with yourself.

"Yeah?" She smiled at your response, noting how you looked flustered, "what's up? What's going on this morning?" She quizzed and you just stood blowing out a deep breath and stared into the locker, your bag currently tumbling towards you again and you shoved it back in slamming the locker door closed; "I'm running late I'm sorry, I've never been late I feel like a fool, please forgive me Sunny?" Your voice wavers making you feel even more ridiculous, "it's fine calm down there's nothing to worry about, I was just.. I was worried that's all, that maybe, maybe something was up?" Her voice was calming and friendly and you were so glad you had a manager that was so welcoming and warm to work alongside and for.

You decided last night amongst the many other thoughts that were drowning you, that you wasn't going to tell the people you worked with just yet that you'd been offered the new role in the other department, you was going to tell them this evening as you left, that you only had a day left with them.

But as per most things in your life, that didn't go quite as planned; "so?" Sunny stands smiling ecstatically at you, you just give her a blank look and blink. "Come on Y/N just tell me.." you were so confused but as Sunny moves closer to where you're stood at your locker you wonder whether she's prompting you to tell her about the interview, when you stay mute and act innocent she playfully hits your arm, "I know you got the job, we all do, people are whispering it into every corner of this building Y/N, you must have made such an impression, what did you do?"

Your face changes into something of a somewhat shocked expression, "what? Who? What do you mean they're all talking?" As if on queue the rest of your work colleagues and reception team including your best friend Jinsoo come wandering in through the locker room door blowing party streamers and Jinsoo shoving a small iced cake at you, "congratulations!!" They all scream, making you blush furiously in embarrassment, "guys..."

The rest of the days goes well, it's not too busy and you seem to get waited on hand and foot, your work colleagues not even allowing you to make a drink of tea, saying they need to make your last day worth it; "last day?" You quiz, you have tomorrow to go yet, "we're giving you tomorrow off, get you relaxed a little ready for you new job" Sunny smiles at you sliding you another biscuit alongside your drink of tea. "No.. no, that's not fair, I, I don't need a day off it's.." 

Sunny quietens you immediately and tells you again you are in fact on your last day in your reception job role and tomorrow is a day off, you agree in the end and decide actually that it might be for the best to have a 'wind down' day before you start a role with the company which will take every second of your time, every piece of energy and willpower, actually, you're still wondering whether this is going to be a good move? Whether you're maybe taking on too much for this new role?

After laughter and tears, goodbyes and good lucks a plenty and arms full of gifts thrown at you from your work colleagues and friends you're home! Slumping down onto your sofa taking in a deep breath.

You're determined to stop thinking of any negatives about the new job, stop over thinking everything, this new role has to be amazing. You remember back to when those old uni friends would quiz you about which idols you've seen or interacted with; this new role is going to see you face to face on a daily basis, in fact, you will work with the idols in the band on such a close proximity basis, maybe it would involve you knowing secrets or things that the outside world don't get the opportunity to see or hear.

After nearly falling asleep on the sofa with your work uniform on, you shook yourself awake, made some food and had a night in front of the tv, blocking out any of the thoughts your brain wants you to drown in. You also sleep well, waking up later than usual and actually enjoying the fact that you can have a lie in, something you haven't marvelled in for a very long time and you can imagine once your new job starts that a lie in will most certainly, one hundred percent be a thing of the past. The day rushes by and you have no idea where it went or what you've done; washed a few clothes, the dishes from last night, you was going to give the apartment a clean but once you'd sat down on the sofa and found one of your favourite dramas the thought of any household chores had gone out of the window.

All too soon bedtime had made it's way around; showering and getting all your work clothes out ready for the early morning start, picking out another black pencil skirt and this time a black blouse with a black belt, the buckle being a simple silver clasp.

As you lay down to sleep you wonder whether a pencil skirt would be okay? Would it look like you're trying too hard? Would it be seen as too "dressed up" for an assistant job? Could you get away with black trousers instead? Too late now, this work attire question should've been asked when you accepted the job, it's something that totally slipped your mind, which you now regret! Unfortunately for you, you also don't have a great sleep; tossing and turning awaiting morning for your alarm to wake you up and get you up for the new day.