||• 𝟛𝟘. 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 •||

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━

You'd parked in the under ground car park to your apartment block; immensely glad that there is some privacy to where you live, especially since you took on the role as the band's assistant, because you'd had nightmares when you first started about fans finding you and your home but so far, your privacy is in tact.

You'd travelled up in the elevator with Jungkook in silence, you'd noticed how many times he'd looked at you, watched you and you'd never once looked at him.

Never once made eye contact.

It's awkward, I mean, how could you.

You unlocked the door to your apartment quickly, hoping no one else on your floor would come out of their apartments and see Jungkook in case they recognised him.

The nightmare you could have if that happened, you're not ready for shit in the press and media about you.

"Come in" You smile shyly, turning around and holding the door open for him to walk through, he wanders past you and into your apartment and you let the door close behind you both.

Is this real?

Have you actually just gone and picked up Jungkook from the dorm?

Is he stood in your living room?

YES YES YES!

Should this be happening?

NO NO NO!

Too late.

"This is lovely" Jungkook says spinning round taking in your living room and kitchen.

"Thanks... erh... would you like a drink? I have... coffee?"

He smiles, "yeah, coffee would be nice thank you"

You drop your car keys onto the kitchen side and click the kettle down waiting for it to boil, you dare to turn around to see where Jungkook is, to see what it is that he's looking at; it doesn't take long for you to work it out though, because a few seconds later you feel body heat close to your shoulder.

Ok, so he's right behind you.

"Guess it's your turn to be the barista then"

His voice so close to your ear sends a wave of shivers down your back, you blink long and pray he doesn't sense your awkwardness.

"I make good coffee, I think" you say spinning around plonking two empty coffee cups down on the kitchen counter in front of you and Jungkook takes a step to the side creating a tiny bit of distance between you.

He watches as you make the coffee and then shove it sideways along the counter at him, "coffee" you smile shyly and he takes the cup instantly, "shall we go sit down?" He asks nodding his head in the direction of your sofa.

"Erh... yeah, go ahead" you sigh quietly and follow him as he walks off into your living room.

You take a seat next to him on your sofa but leave a gap, sure enough though, the gap isn't there for very long as he puts his coffee cup down on your coffee table after a few long gulps and shuffles up on the sofa until his thigh is touching yours and you want to scream and get up and walk away from him before anything ridiculous happens, before there's any more lines being crossed that shouldn't be.

But you don't.

Of course you don't.

You don't, because you like to feel him this close.

You hate yourself.

"Y/N?"

His voice dragging you from your thoughts.

"Huh?"

"I just... I thought we needed to talk about... look, I wanted you to know that I'm so grateful for how you took care of me these last few days in America, I... I just..."

You breathe deep and blink hard, "Jungkook..."

What do you say?

What can you say?

This is a mess.

How did you get here with this beautiful, kind hearted guy?

"No Y/N please... when you stayed the other night, when you... when we..."

Why can't he say it?

Why can't you say it?

Why can't you just tell him it won't happen again?

Why can't it be simple?

"Look, I'm sorry, I crossed a line. I'm an assistant it shouldn't have happened, I... I'm glad it helped you out but... I shouldn't have, I, it was disrespectful and unprofessional and..."

He cuts you off, stopping you right when you were on a roll; "no! Don't! I thought you said you wanted to? I thought..." his voice sounds sad.

"Jungkook, what I want is different to what I should do, plus, I'm sorry I just..."

"Look at me, do you hate me? Do you wish you'd not stayed with me back in the hotel? I thought you said..."

You sigh, "no of course I don't hate you, you're sat in my fucking living room for gods sake Jungkook! I just drove you to my place from your place. I stayed because I wanted to... because, I didn't want to leave you when you weren't a hundred percent, I... okay I might be the assistant but I, I'm like your friend... maybe?"

That was it you dropped the friend bomb, do you want to be his friend? Yeah!

But do you want to be more? Maybe, but you can't so you'll just have to dream and make do.

Stop!

You need to shut your mind up!

"Friends? Okay... yeah we can be friends if that means we can, can still be close... will you not push me away if we're friends?"

"Kook..." you're sighing again feeling defeated.

"I remember everything you know. I remember the way we hugged, the way you laid with me, the way we fell asleep, I remember moving my legs in the night, I remember the way we woke up... did you think..."

"Stop!"

"No Y/N look at me!"

As you look at him he turns to face you even more and then he just pulls you into a hug.

You shouldn't have let him, but you do.

And you enjoy the way he pulls you closer.

His scent.

His warmth.

Him!

"What I mean is... I don't hate you for it, I like it, it helped me, I'm grateful but I just... I wanted to make sure you were okay, that we're okay... I don't want to push you away and I don't want you to push me away, are we okay?" he whispers gently into your ear, his warm breath hitting your neck.

"Everything is fine and I'm okay, but honestly... Jungkook, I really think it was unprofessional of me and it can't happen again"

He pulls back and looks at you, "but we can be friends? I want to be your friend"

"Yeah.. friends it is" you smile awkwardly and he nudges you smiling, "so, can we order some food I'm starving"

How long is he planning on staying?