||• 𝟝. 𝙸𝚗 𝚊 𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑 •||

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

Your first month in the job is over in a flash and leaves you wondering why you panicked so much about it in the first place. For the first week or two okay, it was difficult getting used to grabbing paperwork and making sure the guys were ready on time, being where they needed to be, being there to make sure studios and filming equipment was set up to standard before the guys finished in makeup and hair, but it wasn't all the big things that made it seem worth while, it wasn't the constant need to make sure things were alright that made you feel important to the team, it was the way that you were there for the guys! The little things! The way each one of them in the last month came to you together or individually and confined in you, the trust they've started to build with you, and you with them; they'd all been through days of stress or where they didn't feel okay just something that knocked them off balance and you soon realised that as the assistant providing a shoulder to lean on was part of the job, which you didn't mind one tiny bit and if you were being honest with yourself it helped you get a sense of calm, time for you to tell the members of the fears or doubts you were having, although it seemed easier to share with a certain member than the others. Jungkook. But your walls still reminded strong and high.

Ever since that very first day when you were going to leave and go home but he stopped you, and you had coffee with him, he's seemed more at ease around you, a little less shy and when it came to him coming to you and talking to you, it seemed like it worked; he shared his stress with you but you so easily shared your work stress with him. You didn't want to burden him with your thoughts or personal stress so you did it in a way that made him feel like you were just sharing information about work, but it made you feel much lighter and that was enough. The band had got their first live performance with you as assistant coming tomorrow and so today was the last day in the company building to let out the stress, practice till they dropped, literally and that was another problem you had; you knew that they worked hard, anyone could know that from watching an awards show or performance of theirs, but actually being witness to the effort they put in was something entirely different. You saw the sweat soaked clothes after hours in the dance studio, you saw the exhaustion at the end of the day when they all laid down on the wooden floor to get their breath back,  but sometimes when things had been really rough in training and practice, or when the guys had ended up arguing over something and nothing you saw the tears, the anguish, the mental commitment each one of them has and it made your heart both break and mend at the same time. 

You sat on the bench in the dance studio practice room watching the guys run over the performance for another time, this has to be the thousandth time today you're sure of it; "break guys, take 30!" The dance teacher shouts clapping his hands and watching as the guys collapse to the floor one by one covered in sweat, "I'll go get you all some coffee, you could do with it, great job guys" you smile standing from the bench to make a move for the door. "Wait!" You turn at the sound of Jungkook's voice, you hum watching him wander over to you near the door, as he walks he's fanning his toned abs with his sweat soaked, damp tshirt, for a small reckless moment you allow your eyes to drink in the sight of him, you can't help but admit to yourself that he looks hot and a flush threatens to cover your cheeks, so you tear your eyes away and pretend to pick at your nails as he reaches you, you can't think like that, you won't allow yourself to go there, "I'll come and help you" looking up at him in front of you, "no, it's fine, you rest with the guys, you must be exhausted" you give him a small smile. "But you can't carry all those coffees unless you have secret octopus arms somewhere that we haven't seen" he gives a short giggle and you can't help the smile that tugs at the corner of your lips so you sigh, "okay then"

"How was it?" You turn at his voice, hearing him speak, walking through the corridor towards the elevator lobby together; "how was what?" He just gives you a look with a blank expression as you reach the elevators, "the practice? The dance?" Oh right, he's talking about what you've just been watching, you slam back down to earth, ignoring the way he's looking at his reflection in the mirrored wall, raking his fingers through his messy hair, he looks, slightly disheveled .. amazing, while you both wait for the elevator to arrive. "It was.. amazing! Honestly I've watched you guys before and the effort you put in wow! Honestly Jungkook, I don't know how you guys do it!" You smile as the ping of the elevator arriving makes him step forward and when you don't move he comes back and puts his hand on your lower back shoving you lightly into the elevator just before the doors close on you both. Your heart rate picks up, spiking, however glad he's now removed his hand, but it's left a burning touch and you don't even know why; why would his touch create this reaction in your body? What is happening? Why are you allowing this? You're the guys' assistant there's no way any feelings for anyone should be involved, you're lost for a moment in the thoughts of when Sung Jin made you sign the contract page stating no relationships within the company and definitely none with band, but why would you anyway, Jungkook is just being nice surely? You're just confused, it's been a long time since a man was this nice to you, maybe your brain is just mixing up all the signs in the wrong way. "What are you thinking about?" his voice makes you jump a little breaking you from the momentary silence, "huh?" he gives you little smile but his face has a look of concern on it, "you, you're miles away, what's up?" Jungkook asks trying again to get you to let a wall down and let him in a little, which of course as usual you don't allow, "nothing, I'm fine. Anyway, how are you? How's practice, you work too hard you know!" You smile at him as the doors ping open onto the ground floor and step out, when he doesn't move you look back at him standing in the door way of the elevator holding the doors open and he's staring at you, "what?" he leans into the door and crosses his arms still giving you the same glare; "you always do that" he says with a sigh, you give him a look of confusion lost in what he's on about, "come on" you hiss playfully, so he moves out of the doors allowing them to shut but he still doesn't follow you, you go back to him and just spend a moment looking at him. Your eyes filtering over his face, his jaw, the way he's blinking as he glares at you, it's intimidating but dare you even think it, there's something rather sexy about it, no! "Why do you always change the subject? I'm asking you what's wrong, that means I'm interested in your day" he says leaning back against the wall in the lobby, you sigh shoving your fingers into your eyes wishing you'd come to get the coffee alone, "Jungkook.." he blinks, "what?" You turn away from him, "I'm going to get the coffees are you coming or not?"

-~-~-~-~-

Does Y/N tell Jungkook what's wrong?
Does Jungkook follow Y/N?