71. Beom's party

Friday had arrived and thankfully you were finishing work up a little earlier today which is good seeing as you'd planned to go round to the guys dorm for Beom's surprise get together for his birthday. You'd bought him a gift card for various stores so that he can spend it on anything he likes, the guys had clumped together and bought him something really expensive and you didn't want to be named on that gift if you wasn't putting in as much money as they were, it didn't seem right.

You look at yourself in the mirror, here you are again deciding on what causal clothing looks okay to go to a casual 'house' party in; you've chosen a pair of black skinny jeans that had sequins in a line down the seams and a black blouse that was a little floaty with a red rose design on the front, it didn't seem too much so that's what you're sticking with.

You're only problem now being Jungkook! After you'd asked Jimin to ask Jungkook to come and see you and he'd rejected the request by saying he was busy, you haven't really spoken to him since, and that hurts because now you're more or less sure as sure that Jungkook doesn't like you at all and is now trying his best to shove you away or make you hate him.

You can't hate him, you don't think you ever could!

But what do you do now? Where can you go from here? Is there anywhere to go from here. It's awkward and a there's a tension in the atmosphere every time you're around each other and you feel sorry for the others too because it's affecting how you are with them!

Withdrawing from them when you're friends.

You try your best to remain unchanged after everything that's happened but it's hard; when you're around the guys and Jungkook is present you can't help but basically stay silent. You don't talk much, you're not as happy, you don't want to do anything because every time you look at Jungkook and he doesn't look back or even on the times he does and he doesn't give you one of those smiles you used to get so often, it just hurts and you can't stand it, so you try to spend as little time with them all as is possible as their assistant, just doing the minimum they need and not spending extra time with them at all. Now you're actually grateful when there's paper work to do!

Stepping out of the cab at the outdoor parking lot of the guys dorm your stomach flips, maybe this is a bad idea?

The elevator ride up to their dorm is also disconcerting to you because you have no idea how tonight is going to play out, you can only hope there's nothing awkward happen between you and Jungkook that could spoil the night for Beom.

You give a knock to their door and it's answered in mere seconds, "hey Y/N come in we've been waiting for you" Hoseok smiles cheerily, the minute you step through the door and he's shoved it closed he wraps you into a hug, he instantly makes you feel better than you did before but you know that'll all change when you see Jungkook because your heart can't help but hurt every time, even though it still desires him.

You're scared it always will.

"Everyone! Y/N is here!" Hoseok calls out walking side by side with you as you wander into their living room area, when you glance over at the dining table it's covered in food and the it looks amazing. There's some balloons and banners all around the place; "this looks great guys" you smile as you see them scattered around. They all thank you, Jin, Namjoon and Yoongi are in the kitchen, Jimin and Tae are messing around with the cake on the coffee table and Jungkook well, he's nowhere to be seen, sadly like normal recently.

"I'd just been helping Tae and Jimin with the cake but now you're here, you go, I'm going to those three idiots in the kitchen" Hoseok giggles and shoves you towards the living room after he'd taken your coat and hung it up in the hallway.

"Hey" You say quietly sitting down on the sofa as you watch Jimin and Tae decorate the top of the cake, "when's Beom arriving?"

Jimin looks up at you, "hey, oh he's coming with Jungkook, they should be here anytime soon"