67. It's broken!

Tae grabs your hand and drags you along with him; "Come on, come try this drink with me?"

As you allow yourself to be dragged along, "what drink?"

"I just found this cocktail..." you both stop dead in front of the bar but you can't stop yourself glancing around to see where Jungkook had gone, you spot him glaring over at you as he stands with Yoongi, a new drink in his hand.

"This!" Tae says dragging your attention back to him and off Jungkook.

"Erh, thanks" you say taking the glass from Tae and taking a sip of the cocktail he'd handed you.

"So, why were you hiding outside with Jungkook then?"

Your heart thumps in your chest, panic spreading through you, a flashback of Jungkook's lips on yours.

"Hiding? I... We wasn't, why does everyone think that?"

"I'm joking..." Tae looks at you concerned for a moment but you flash him a smile, "I'm joking too so we're good!" You hit him playfully on the shoulder and swallow some more of the cocktail he passed you.

"Let me go sit down Tae, you coming?" You almost sigh but hold it back as you glance your eyes across the room and see Jungkook is still with Yoongi.

"Nah, you go ahead, I'm going to pester Hobi!" He smiles a big happy smile and saunters off to torment Hobi as promised.

You walk slowly across the room and sit right in the corner of it, alone, hoping that people will leave you alone just for a few minutes at least while you try and even remotely get your head around what's happened in the last fifteen minutes or so.

You slump your chin into your palm as you lean your elbow on the table; you can't stop yourself staring across the room and taking in the sight of Jungkook, he's so beautiful and you can't believe only fifteen minutes ago you were kissing him; no matter how hard you try to tear your eyes away from him in case anyone sees you, you can't!

"So... I'm sensing tension?"

You snap your vision away from Jungkook and at the voice and body sitting down close next to you.

"Jimin?"

"That's my name, so, don't change the subject?"

You glare at him, "what subject?"

"The tension..." he playfully knocks his shoulder into yours and continues, "... come on, I've just seen you staring at him, what's up? Were you arguing?"

Your heart thumps in your chest, why does Jimin spot everything?

You sigh, "Jimin, not again..."

"Come on, I felt the tension up there outside, Jesus, I could've cut it with a knife it was that thick, don't lie to me, please have more respect for me than that"

Your heart almost breaks at his request, why is all of this so hard; "I do respect you Jimin, we... we wasn't arguing I... please just, just drop it for tonight at least?"

Jimin stares at Jungkook across the room and just as he looks away, Jungkook looks over and meets your eyes, you give him a small smile and look away quickly.

"See, okay so if I invited him to come sit over here with us, you'd stay here? Would he come over?" 

"I... erh yeah of course" you almost splutter but hold it back and watch as Jimin nods getting up from the table and going over to Jungkook.

You watch as he taps Jungkook's arm and says something that you obviously can't hear but when Jungkook looks over you give pleading eyes as if to beg him to go along with whatever it is Jimin is plotting.

You're unbelievably relived when Jungkook starts walking over to you with Jimin, taking a sigh of relief when Jimin shoves at him and he sits down next to you.

You can't help but notice the way Jungkook is so careful not to make any contact with you, so careful not to brush your leg with his or his arm with yours.

Your thoughts are consumed by wishing that whatever just happened outside between you two had never happened; it's like now you've crossed the line there's no going back, it's too late. You can't surely just go back to being friends when you both crossed the mark, even if you did go back to that, they'll always be this thing hanging over you.

Shit!

Your thoughts are suddenly disturbed by Jimin again, "so guys, what was you doing outside?" He glances constantly between you and Jungkook and you can only sit there and hope to god that you don't blush furiously at the sheer thought of what you were doing, the way his lips were so soft, the way you got a taste of what you'd craved for so long.

Had he craved the same thing?

No surely not? Surely he was just swept up the whole moment?

"Talking!" Jungkook says off handily and you turn your head giving Jimin a small smile.

"About?"

"I was asking how he'd been doing, not over working all that shit, boring stuff Jimin, god, we're just here to have a good night aren't we? We were just chatting" you try to keep your voice as level as possible not hinting at your annoyance.

"Fine, fine whatever, anyway, you guys know it's Beom's birthday coming up?"

"It is?" You ask finally something distracting you from your thoughts and from the very thing consuming them that's sat directly at the side of you.

"Yeah, so me and the guys, while you two were hiding outside and Beom went to the toilet decided that we'd hold a little get together food and stuff at our dorm? You up for it?" Jimin smiles staring between you and Jungkook again.

"Yeah cool" Jungkook murmurs.

"Yeah, great idea... when is it?" You ask.

"Next Friday!" Jimin smirks and then stands up, "... I'm going to get a drink, same again?" He points at your glasses on the table.

"Erh, no just a vodka and coke for me" You give him a shy smile trying your best not to turn and look at Jungkook, as awkward as it is, you can't bare the thought of him getting up and walking away.

"Yeah same, thanks" Jungkook hums as Jimin takes off to the bar.

You and Jungkook just sit there.

Silence!

Deafening silence.

You shuffle feeling awkward and your hand hits his thigh and you freeze and see Jungkook tense up; "sorry, I'm sorry" you stutter out almost choking on your own breath.

He turns and looks at you his beautiful doe eyes look full of, maybe sympathy?

"Don't be" he says quietly.

And you look at him confused, the tension between you thick again and your eye contact flaming hot like an inferno.

"Don't?" You whisper and he shakes his head, no.

"Don't be sorry for something like that, we're... we're friends aren't we?" His voice wavers, like all his words are getting stuck in his throat.

Friends?

He said friends?

You don't even know how to react to that? Should you be disappointed? Because even if you shouldn't be, you are.

You feel a tiny piece of your heart break when you realise that maybe what just happened between you will never be spoken about again and you'll go back to being friends but it will never be the same as it was before!

It can't now!

It's broken!