Chapter 9: I Only Need 72 Hours To Fall In Love With You (IX)

TL : Snowy Codex

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moment he was hit, Shang Ke's soul had immediately separated from his body, but he didn't immediately return to the System Space. However, it wasn't going to take long. At most, he would need to wait another ten or so minutes to completely separate from this world.

"Save him. I don't care what method you use, but you have to bring him back to life!" Ravel grabbed Banny's wrist, his eyes so coldly terrifying. Banny didn't pay attention to the pain from his wrist and patiently told him, "Your Majesty, please let go of your grief. It is already impossible to save Cage now. If we forcefully save him, then we will only damage his remains. Is this what Your Majesty wishes to see?"

Ravel slowly released his hand, his gaze once again falling down to the boy on the ground. Within the transparent ice, the boy wore a smile, his eyes as gentle and vivid as before. A few minutes ago, he was still standing by his side, holding his hand and offering flowers with him. In the next second, he helplessly watched him die in his own arms.

This idiot, he couldn't even walk well and yet still tried to save him!

Ravel's mind continued to replay the scene from when Cage jumped in front of him, and his icy blue eyes seemed to be covered in a layer of mist.

If his reaction was a bit faster and his movements a bit quicker, he...would he not have died? If he had known earlier, no matter what, he wouldn't have let Cage participate in this memorial ceremony. Until the end, he didn't have the chance to even say a word to him.

"Your Majesty." Kahn walked over and said in a low voice, "This place isn't safe. This subordinate will escort you back to the government mansion."

Ravel remained silent for a while before telling him, "Bring an ice coffin over."

Spirit Shang Ke crouched by Ravel's side and thought to himself, This guy wasn't trying to forever keep Cage's dead body in cold storage, right?

He jabbed at the ice corpse on the ground, his finger directly passing the ice and touching the dead body's skin. Immediately after, he felt an sucking force. Before he even had the chance to react, he was sucked back into Cage's body.

【Congratulation to Host, additional mission completed along with your successful resurrection. System will gift you fifteen detained days.】

Such fraud! He could live even like this?

He had originally thought that his hands and legs being paralyzed was miserable enough, and he didn't expect there was something even worse. Staying for another fifteen days as an ice corpse? I would rather go!

Shang Ke wanted to cry but had no tears. He could only hate his own hand, just why did he have to jab at something he didn't need to jab at!

His eyes met Ravel's eyes through the ice. The emotions in Ravel's eyes stirred, his body moving forward before he called out in a soft voice, "Cage?"

Hehe, I'm very sorry, this humble self's hands cannot move, mouth cannot speak, eyes cannot blink, and head cannot move. There is no way to respond to your call.

"What's wrong Your Majesty?" Banny saw the change in Ravel's expression and couldn't help but ask.

"I don't know why," Ravel observed Shang Ke's eyes and said, "but I think he still has consciousness."

"That's impossible. Ice devil will freeze even the brain, so how could..." Banny hadn't finished his words when he also noticed Shang Ke's eyes. Just a moment ago, they were stagnant, but now they looked as if energy had been poured into them, brilliant and rippling, clear and lively.