Chapter 57: A+A (V)

The maglev car entered the capital's number one military school through a private channel and Rhine took Shang Ke directly to the dorm for those who were taking special advanced studies. All the floors in this dorm were independent. Very few people would disturb the people living here, so the environment was quiet and secluded, suitable for recuperating.

"I already greeted the headmaster so you're free to settle in for now. Afterwards, there will be a specialist to explain the award of honor arrangements and process." Rhine entered the living room. His large stature made the rather spacious living room appear somewhat narrow.

Shang Ke was not considered short, but he lacked the kind of presence Rhine had that compresses the very air around him and dominates any room he enters.

"Thank you." Shang Ke put down his backpack and sized up the area. A room, a living room plus kitchen, it was all clean and neat with all the home equipment needed. He nodded, this new residence was satisfying enough.

After he finished checking the bedroom, Shang Ke almost ran head on into as he turned around. He stood at the doorway, posture perfectly straight, the presence that could only come from him as an alpha permeated the air around him, and seem to carry a faint sweet smell.

If Shang Ke was an alpha born and raised in this world, he would definitely have noticed something wasn't right with the situation. The scent of alphas naturally drove off each other. Alphas have an innate and intense sense of competition and territorial awareness. When an alpha shows clear enmity toward another alpha, they would emit a pheromone that would cause the other's hackles to rise. This kind of pheromone for alphas was like a provocative scent type biological weapon. Even if they couldn't smell it, spiritually, they would receive some brutal feeling of being trampled on. As such, very rarely would feelings of love sprout between a pair of alphas.

On the other hand, the scent of an alpha held a fatal appeal toward omegas, and the pheromone the omegas emit during their heat also has a fatal enticement for alphas. It was enough for most alphas to completely lose control of their senses.

Shang Ke never experienced the draw of an omega, so he didn't know, but Rhine was different. Ever since he saved Shang Ke, he noticed that he did not reject his scent at all. Standing by him gave him a feeling of being in a sea of flowers, the air carried a sweet scent of blooming gardenias and honey.

An omega's scent was like an aphrodisiac, it could arouse a person's pure and crazy desire. Shang Ke's scent on the other hand, made him feel at ease and cozy. Rhine found that he liked this kind of natural intimacy, as opposed to the physiologically controlled lust brought on by differences in gender.

"Brigadier General Lancelot, thank you for all the trouble you've gone through today. My place has already been set up. Delaying you for so long, I'm sorry for the inconvenience." Shang Ke hinted, attempting to see him out.

Rhine looked at him for a moment then nodded, "It is getting late, rest well. On the day of the award ceremony, I will be there."

After sending off Rhine, Shang Ke was about to eat when his communication device suddenly went off. He took a look at the caller and rolled his eyes when he saw it was his cheap old man.

After he picked up the call, the angrily rebuke from Kanwen came through: 【Didn't I say I would come get you? Why did you leave by yourself first?】

Shang Ke innocently said, "Sorry, Brigadier General Lancelot personally came to get me today to consult with me about the award ceremony. I had no way of refusing."

Silence transmitted from the other side for a while when he spoke again, it was with a cough and in a much more mild tone: 【Brigadier General Lancelot is highly respected, you would naturally prioritize him. Okay, you handled it very well this time, just remember to notify me first next time.】