Chapter 45: Everyone Loves Little Immortal Mushroom (III)

Shang Ke and Yan Lu escorted Yu Wenjie to Xialiang City. Yu Wenjie used a secret skill to notify his sect and then, they went to find a hotel to stay in for the time being.

Yu Wenjie rented three rooms but Yan Lu did not go to his room. Instead, he very naturally followed Shang Ke to his room.

"A room was rented for you but you're not using it. Why didn't you say anything before we got it?" Shang Ke glanced at him.

"He did his renting and I am doing my dwelling, what does it have to do with him?" Yan Lu sat and leaned against the window sill, taking out the space ring he had 'picked up' during the day. From within, he took out a jade strip.

Shang Ke moved closer and asked, "What's this?"

"A cultivation method." Yan Lu handed the jade strip to him.

Shang Ke used his divine sense to check its contents. It was pretty much a heavenly (gibberish) book. Non-humans cultivated very differently from humans.. They did not have a specific way to cultivate and needed to absorb the essence of heaven and earth. As such, their cultivation speed was a far cry from that of humans. And in order to set himself as a good example to Yan Lu, the Devil Mushroom Shang Ke never absorbed the energy of people. So, his cultivation speed was even slower than a snail's.

"Can you cultivate it?" Shang Ke's eyes shone as he looked at Yan Lu. Although he couldn't make sense of it, he knew that this was a righteous method of cultivation. What Yan Lu lacked most was a complete righteous cultivation method.

"I can."

"Then..." Hurry up and cultivate it! The gates to the immortal realm have been widely opened for you.

"I don't like it."

"What?" Shang Ke was confused.

"I don't like this cultivation method." Yan Lu took out a spirit stone from the space ring and played it around in his hand, but he still showed his disdain towards that jade strip.

"Then what kind of cultivation method do you like?" As long as he was given a goal, even if he had to go to the ends of the world or jump into a pit of fire he would get it.

Yan Lu looked at him. Then, he seriously answered, "Your type."

Shang Ke wore a thoroughly confused face, "What type is my type?"

"Free to do as you please, your cultivation is like it's made by heaven as it can absorb the essence of all living things." He paused, then added, "And carries a damp Devil Mushroom smell."

The first part can be ignored, but what was the meaning of the latter part? What 'damp Devil Mushroom smell'?

"Being a mushroom is innate. You can't obtain it no matter how much you want it!" Shang Ke angrily retorted, "You better choose a cultivation method that a regular human can practice and leave it at that!"

"Hm, you're right." Yan Lu nodded his head, "Although I can't be like you, I have my own way."

"What way?" Shang Ke stared at him blankly.

"Refine a cultivator's nascent soul and make their powers my own." Yan Lu said casually, as if he was talking about the day's weather.

Shang Ke: "..." This guy's devil character was simply like nature itself.

Shang Ke took a deep breath and attempted to correct his belief, "That isn't right. Cultivators should pursue the righteous path and abandon evil thoughts. Otherwise, they will fall into the devil path."