Chapter 80: Covenantor (III)

HEYOO!~ SO THIS WOULD BE OUR LAST UPDATE FOR TODAY! 

HOPE YOU'VE ENJOYED READING IT SO FAR! BYEEE~~

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!

~BLUE ICED TEA<3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shang Ke chose a window seat in a coffee shop near the Market City hall. He sipped leisurely at his coffee while he skimmed through the web.

He conveniently happened across the latest post, titled 《Guys, a flying saucer unexpectedly appeared in the urban district of Fort Ya County today, take a look at it!!!》. Once he opened the post, Shang Ke almost spurted out his mouthful of coffee. The post was a video of his insane driving, though because he was driving too fast at the time, the video only lasted a few seconds.

This could not stump the omnipotent users online however, for under a dozen or so useless replies, someone posted a short video. The video can almost be connected with the main poster's video, it was around a dozen seconds. In the video, the hover car Shang Ke was driving flew like black lightning, carving its way through the row upon row of building complexes. At first, most people were unable to tell what they were watching until an expert broke up the video to clearly display the car's route, drifting angles, and the various extreme-difficulty level skills used.

It was said that even a hair's width of error could decide everything; every change the car went through, every turn, every drift and so on. The timing in particular, they grasped, was arguably a work of art. Everyone who watched it gasped in amazement at the driver's godly skill!

【I kneeled!】

【Great God, please receive my knee!】

【This is the supercar skill of playing with your life with death!】

【This is simply too cool, someone tell me the driver please, I need to go apprentice myself to them!】

【...If I'm not seeing things, that license plate seems to belong to that lord.】

【!!!】

【As expected... only a god-like driver can fit that god-like lord.】

......

The popularity of the post shot straight up once it was revealed that the driver belonged to Lu Xiufan. This showed that Lu Xiufan's reputation within the netizens was pretty high, and alongside him his driver was elevated as well.

Shang Ke was rather immersed in reading when he suddenly felt someone come near. He raised his head to see who it was and spied two immaculately dressed and well-built men standing next to each other by his table.

Shang Ke did not say a word. He understood the moment he saw the gun secreted in their clothes.

He'd gone through one crisis already today and was already facing a second— it was his first day as Lu Xiufan's driver! No wonder the system labeled this world as difficult. As long as he followed Lu Xiufan, he could be used as (literal) cannon fodder any minute!

"Sorry to trouble you, but I hope you will come with us." The man holding the gun pointed at Shang Ke, threatening coldly.

Shang Ke placed his cup near the edge of the table, his face expressionless.

"Hurry it up!" The man lowered his voice and a violent light shone in his eyes.

Shang Ke slowly stood up and swept his gaze across the hallway behind the man. Not a soul in sight. Perfect. His eyes sharpened. The moment he stood up, he grabbed the hand holding the gun and twisted it behind the man. He snatched the gun out of his grip and landed a swift kick to his lower regions, sending him crumpling to his knees. From there he slammed the man's head on the nearest coffee table. With the crackling sound of glass breaking, the man's face was slashed with countless shards of glass and he howled in pain.