Chapter 111: Becoming Your God (XIV)

The Death God's experience and ranking cannot be compared to the average god. In fact, he was one of the few gods who could gain divine power without relying on mortals to worship him. His power ultimately came from the deaths of living things. The War God, no matter how strong he was, could not compare with him.

Shang Ke had previously stated that he didn't need the support of this Great God. During the period when the Evil God was mobbed by the forces of light, the Death God didn't appear to support him. However, now that the Evil God and a God belonging to light were in love, he appeared as a result of the brightness.

The news of the Death God's arrival rapidly spread and it shocked the other gods. Saya imposed a restriction on the city in order to prevent Shang Ke from seeking shelter within the darkness. However, he was only able to offer protection from the dark and not from the light. There were several gods like the Fire God, Water God, and the Earth God, who were the Evil God's enemies. They all had demanded that the War God either seal or expel him from this territory belonging to the light.

When the other gods noticed this situation, they felt somewhat confused. He wasn't a famous god from the dark side. How could he attract the attention of so many gods? Even though light and darkness were often at odds with one another, it was possible for the two sides to work together as long as there were no restrictions involved.

Even though Shang Ke was a god with dark attributes, he always followed the rules, treated others kindly, and was even seen as kinder and more innocent than some light gods. However, the harmless "minor god" had the backing of the War God, the interest of the Death God, and rivalry with some thousand year old major gods.

It took many exchanges among the bystanders before Shang Ke's identity was made public. After they realized who he was, the minor gods that had stirred up trouble for him now broke into a cold sweat. They were shocked to discover that he was Unos, the Evil God who covered the entire continent in blood more than a thousand years ago? He looked so harmless, silly, and cute. He was talented in different life skills and he was the face behind all the popular products his believers had created in Cannes City.

If it weren't for his identity being mentioned, then the other gods would have regarded him as a cute comforting sprite. However upon discovering his true attributes, they were not only unpleasant, but also violent. How was this Evil God able to disguise himself so well? He didn't only enter the territory of light in such a spectacular manner, but he also received the blessings of the War God. Based on what everyone knew, the Evil God had been sealed by the War God a thousand years ago. Why did they get along so well? Theoretically, they should have been eternal enemies. Is it possible that the Evil God was so good in bed that he defeated the War God in that manner?

The happenings between the major gods didn't affect the minor gods. As long as there were mortals to worship them, then they could live immortal lives. At their worst, their strength could be destroyed. Nonetheless, the light God's positions were very clear. They drew the line when it came to themselves and the Evil God. Therefore, they refused to engage with the Evil God.

The people who had believed in the Evil God, like the Shu Clan, ended up ostracized by others. They all felt shocked and couldn't believe that the god they worshipped was the cruel Evil God they read about in the legends. Many people's faiths began to waver, but those with dark intentions supported the Evil God. These types of followers were able to bring Shang Ke the power he needed. These evil thoughts and desires could help the Evil God thrive.

In the few months that followed, Shang Ke's strength didn't decrease, but it increased past what he had accumulated over the past few years. The actual aura of the Evil God gradually revealed itself.