Chapter 48: Everyone Loves Little Immortal Mushroom (VI)

The devil tried to get him to perform all sorts of atrocities. Shang Ke tried to express that the pressure on him was truly far too great. When he could hide, he hid. When he couldn't hide, he would turn into a mushroom and quietly rest in some dark corner.

Seeing how he was 'too stubborn to change', Yan Lu did not force him Rather, he went out alone to 'forage'. When he returned, his body drenched in killing intent, Shang Ke was startled. Not due to fear, but the opposite. It was like he smelled something delicious that roused excitement in the devil dan within him. It was as if all the pores on his body were opened.

Yan Lu said, "Since you're not willing to absorb other people's essence energy, I will do it in your place."

He just needs to gather a bit more essence energy every time he went out, but refrain from absorbing it. Then, he can return and dual cultivate with Little Mushroom. Little Mushroom was a demon spirit, so dual cultivating with him gave Yan Lu a small trace of demon qi. Although the essence qi's quality isn't high, absorbing it was still convenient due to quantity.

"Little Mushroom, transform into human form." Yan Lu pinched Shang Ke's soft mushroom head.

Shang Ke did not move.

"If you don't transform, I will keep you in my mouth. Dual cultivation will still work." Yan Lu undressed and spoke leisurely.

'Keep, you, in, my, mouth?!' Can your taste not be so heavy!? Shang Ke's body trembled and after he struggled with himself for a moment, he finally transformed.

Yan Lu held him and with a twist, they were sitting on the stone bed. He placed his legs on his waist with the unfathomable ease of practice.

Their lower bodies connected intimately.

Shang Ke really loved the scent emanating from Yan Lu's body, or to be more accurate, it was his devil dan that really loved it. It was like a bee spotting nectar— so delicious and enticing it was hard to resist.

However, no matter how difficult it was to resist, he could not allow Yan Lu to successfully cultivate into a devil.

His chin was raised and essence qi was sent over to him through his mouth. After several minutes, the transaction was completed. Yan Lu was just about to pull back but Shang Ke held onto his neck and kept their lips connected.

Little Mushroom was absorbing his essence qi? Yan Lu was rather surprised but he kept his hands on his waist and didn't stop him.

Shang Ke's charming eyes were open a thread as he did his best to draw essence qi from him. His soft white hair drifted gently with the air, brushing past Yan Lu's eyes and lightly caressing his cheeks. As he absorbed more and more essence qi, Shang Ke's appearance became more and more enticing. His eyes were bright like precious stones held against the sun.

Yan Lu was planning to push aside this greedy little mushroom when he saw how far too much of his essence qi was being taken. But the second their eyes met, he ceased the action.

Give your everything to me—Shang Ke's eyes said clearly, firm and intense.

【Yan Lu, I will take your place in devil cultivation, I will take your place and bear heaven's punishment. Even if I have to pay for it with my life, I will do it for you. I only ask that you don't stray to the devil path and injure innocents.】

Yan Lu narrowed his eyes, his large hand trailed up Shang Ke's back until it slowly arrived at his nape. With just a pinch there he would be punished.

【Yan Lu, there are thousands of ways to cultivate, why must you choose the one path that heaven does not tolerate?】

Yan Lu did not understand, why was Little Mushroom always stopping him from practicing devil cultivation? He did not feel that there was anything wrong with devil cultivation, let alone when it allowed them to dual cultivate.