Chapter 189: Let's Run, Fox (V)

That night, the well-fed Mutu spent the night at Yanu's home. When he woke up the next morning, Yanu was already gone with the hunting group. But he had left behind a bowl of bean congee and a couple of stymph eggs that were clearly for Mutu.

亚努是狮族收留的外族兽人,性格自卑,天生残疾,又是无法生育的雄性,在部落中毫无地位,平时做的都是最辛苦的工作。每天天没亮,就要出去打猎。回来后,还要参与夯土、铸造、编织等劳作。直到晚上,才能分配到少量食物,允许自由活动。当然,如果这时候他还有力气,也可以自己出去狩猎,这部分猎物不需要上交。

Yanu was an outsider beastmen of the lion tribe. With his pessimistic nature, birth defect and his male gender, he had a rather low status within the tribe. So the work he did day-to-day were the hardest ones. Before dawn each day, he had to go hunt. After he got back, he still needed to , working on casting, weaving and so on. When it hits night he will finally be able to get a small amount of food and be freed to do whatever he wanted. If he still had energy after all of that, he could go out and hunt for himself. The food he hunts at the point would not need to be turned in.

穆图在离开狐狸的住处时才意识到这一点,昨晚他吃掉的食物,恐怕是狐狸在百忙之中抽空出去狩猎的。狐狸不会说话,但他的体贴和温柔,都在行止之间。

Mutu finally realized this point when he left Yanu's residence. The food he ate last night was probably hunted with the bit of time he squeezed out of his busy schedule. Although his fox couldn't speak, he was considerate and gentle and always moving forward.

穆图回到自己的房子,看到一名狮族女孩端着一盆蒸肉站在门口。见他回来,女孩立刻笑着迎上来:"族长,我给你送吃的来了。"

When Mutu returned to his house, a lioness was waiting for him with a bowl of steamed meat. Taking notice of his return, the lioness immediately walked up to him beaming, "Chief, I'm here with food for you."

穆图看了一眼她手上的食物,摆手道:"我已经吃过了,你把它分给其他人吧。"

Mutu looked at the food she held and waved his hand, "I already ate, you can divy it up with the others."

狮王拥有食物支配权,每天的猎物先由他挑选,再将剩下的分配给其他人。前任狮王还有自己的仓库,里面不仅储存了大量食物,还收藏了最精美的陶器、兽牙、兽皮、兽甲以及各种武器和珍稀物品。

The Lion King has control over the food division. He would be the first to choose the hunted prey and then distribute the rest to the other members of the tribe. The former Lion King even had his own storage. Not only did it stockpile food, it also contained the most beautiful pottery, beast fangs, animal shells, weapons and other rare things.

穆图成为新狮王后,便将仓库里大部分东西都按贡献分配给其他族人了。

After Mutu became the new Lion King, he had distributed most of the stuff within to the other members according to their contribution.

对他而言,除了食物和武器,其他东西没有任何价值。

From his point of view, everything else was worthless aside from food and weapons.

穆图没有理会女孩,径自去了地牢,打算好好盘问一下那几名俘虏。谁知道刚到地牢门口,就见一名负责守卫的狮族青年跑过来,咋咋呼呼地喊道:"族长,不好了,那四个雉狗都死了。"

Mutu did not bother himself with the lioness and he headed for the prison. He planned to thoroughly interrogate those captives. But a young lion in charge of keeping watch of the prison immediately rushed up to him when he arrived to deliver bad news, "Chief, something bad happened! Those four captives all died."