Chapter 68: I Am Not A Merman (V)

After Shang Ke's injury was mostly healed, he could finally go into the sea outside of the marine building to play freely. However, he was currently very distressed due to the additional mission the system announced. He had no idea how to go about it.

He took note of the punctuation the System pointed out to him. He gathered that what he needed to find wasn't really the mermaid or merman he was imagining. But this mission was even harder to complete without a clear-cut target. For example, would finding a portrait or statue of a mermaid or merman work? Would finding a sunken ship named "Merfolk" work? Would he, a dolphin with a human soul, count?

There were really too many things that could be tied to merfolk. Hell if he knows what will fulfill the requirements. Furthermore, while he completes the mission, he still has to heroically court death. If he first finds the target (rather than disaster finding him first), then does that mean he needs to create an opportunity for himself to court death?

Alas, the plot holes of life. Well, plot ditches.

Shang Ke raised his head, his face the image of deep contemplation as he observed the vast sea.

When Qin Yuan arrived, he happened to chance upon this scene of Flames, who appeared to be in deep thought, flitting about distressed under the fading light of sunset.

Qin Yuan suddenly recalled the fact that dolphins were animals that loved freedom, and that raising them in an enclosed space would make them feel unhappy. But if they were allowed their freedom, then it was hard to make sure they were safe. Furthermore, Qin Yuan was nowhere near willing or ready to part with them.

Shang Ke seem to sense Qin Yuan's arrival and immediately cast away his strange worries, quickly swimming to him.

Qin Yuan rubbed his head and softly asked, "Do you want to go out to the sea?"

Shang Ke's eyes shone brightly: You could see that I want to go out? As expected, we really are spiritually connected!

"Alright, as long as you promise me one thing, I will take you out to the sea." Qin Yuan used a firm, if doting, tone.

Tell me! Shang Ke raised one of his flippers onto the shore and slapped the ground rhythmically while showing a face of full attention and excitement.

Qin Yuan eyes unconsciously landed on the slapping flipper, "...It's like this, I will clip a location device to your dorsal fin. Then I will get a submarine and a squad of combat divers and accompany you. Then, when you've played enough, come back home with us. What do you think?"

Completely no problem! You are my financial backer (or feeder), I will listen to you! Shang Ke shifted his head over and rubbed against his leg, a wide smile on his dolphin face.

"Hm, then it's decided." Qin Yuan discovered for the first time that interacting with animals could be simple. His Flames was really so smart and considerate!

Qin Yuan did as he said. He sent out three ships the very next day to scout a good route and prepare emergency measures, then he went out with a tagged but happy Flames to play in the sea.

Waves was left in the marine building as a form of insurance. As long as it was there, he did not need to worry about Flames swimming away, being tied by guilt.

Shang Ke followed Qin Yuan's speedboat and cheerfully charged into the vast sea. The pitiful little Waves was duped by a couple of sea turtles and lost the chance to go out into the sea for a breath of fresh air.

Shang Ke leaped through the air, splashing countless droplets of water, exposing his graceful and beautiful body to the sky.

Qin Yuan supported himself on the rails as he welcomed the sea breeze. He watched with a gentle gaze at Flames leaping, frolicking, darting and rolling around in the waves, feeling incomparably happy. It was like all of his worries were being carried away with the tide.