Chapter 78: Covenantor (I)

【Congratulation to Host for completing Additional Mission 2—Prevent Dipson from spreading the mutated genes.】

【Three missions were completed satisfactorily, Host obtains three times the reward. Constitution +10 (+3+5), Memory +15 (+4+5), Spiritual Power +15 (+5+5), Beauty +15 (+3+4), Life Span +5 (+1+2). The numbers in parentheses are rewards from the additional missions.】

【You can learn two additional skills from what is available.】

Shang Ke laid there unmoving as his mind replayed the scene of Qin Yuan holding his corpse and crying bitterly, and a sour feeling crushed his chest. For Shang Ke, it wasn't goodbye forever. He knew that they would meet again in other worlds. But for 'him', it was one loss after another, and that couldn't be undone.

"System, I remember you telling me that as long as I complete all the missions, I can return to the real world, or I can choose to return to past worlds and change our endings."

【Not only must Host complete all missions, but the overall mission perfection rate must reach 50% or higher.】

"What is my current perfection rate?"

【40%—Completing the main mission, 20%; completing two missions, 50%; completing three missions then dying, 70%; perfect survival, 100%】

40%, it was better than he had thought. He must complete at least two missions in his next world. If he managed to survive and live there, it would be even better.

Shang Ke made up his mind and once again raised his spirits, preparing to start learning skills.

He thought a bit, and finally chose【Car Racing】 and 【Mechanics】In addition, he chose to advance his martial and medical arts.

After he left the Hundred Training Space, Shang Ke officially entered the next world.

Slowly opening his eyes, he found himself sitting in a fast-moving small car. Besides the driver, he sat alone in the backseat. The scenery outside the window quickly sped by; numerous tall buildings standing proud on either side of him. He could see that this was a very technologically advanced world.

Shang Ke heaved a sigh of relief, the System finally found a conscience. Finally, he would not have to confront danger the moment he opened his eyes.

Following that, the information of this world was quickly sent to him.

Shang Ke's identity this time was as a member of one of the Union Empire's great families, Yue. He was the family's eldest son Yue Ze. He had just turned nineteen this year and was a bright and cheerful person with outstanding talent, surpassing his peers in all ways. He was loved by his father, Yue Cheng, and was the future heir to the Yue Family.

The Mental Virus had appeared three hundred years ago, and so far humanity has not found the source of the virus, nor the perfect cure. They only know that this virus hides in the minds of humans, and once it erupts, the infected would go crazy and die within three days. Presently, the only solution was to strip away or otherwise cripple the amygdala, which clears away the root of the mental virus.

However, although this treatment would allow a person to return to their right mind, they would lose all the emotions that a normal person would have. Their family, friends and even enemies would all be treated as data without any feelings of love or hate. More importantly, the people who accepted this treatment would have their lifespan significantly shortened, not living past 35 years.

The Empire started calling these people 'Covenantors'. There are around 4000 of these covenantors created every year, but the number of people who have died from the mental virus due to not receiving treatment dwarfs that at over 7000. Generally speaking, the mental virus runs mainly in common folk living hard lives alongside those whose mental capacities were already at a disadvantage (meaning, the handicapped). So for someone like Yue Ze, who was beloved by the gods, the chance of him having it was very tiny. However, bad luck still descended upon him.